Info on Gucci clothing

Discussion in 'Textiles, Needle Arts, Clothing' started by Zeppelin78, Oct 27, 2019.

1. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

I wouldn't think it's vintage. (Orange isn't a color that's been used for men's designer clothing until very recently.) This may be it... From the Spring 2013 menswear collection when orange was a featured color. If that's not it, Matt, you can always go to Vogue Runway and see if you can find it in another past collection.

https://www.vogue.com/fashion-shows/designer/gucci

Debora

00080fullscreen.jpg

2. lloyd249

lloyd249 it's not hoarding if it's valuable

that is very orange and stands out in a crowd lol, I wouldn't want to be buried in this , even if it is gucci (I'd come back and haunt them lol ) I would wear matts tho , proudly it's looks more reddish, to me anyways
    Orange is the new black hehehehe

Last edited: Dec 8, 2019
    kyratango likes this.
  3. lloyd249

I will stick with black

Christmasjoy likes this.
  4. lloyd249

could be mine is fake there is no washing inst, or tags in pocket ,some loose threading , but i don't care lol it looks pretty , and if it turns out to be a fake (because I'm no expert on this ) I will give it to my daughter to match her fake purse hehehe lol

kyratango and Christmasjoy like this.
  5. Christmasjoy

Christmasjoy Well-Known Member

Made in Italy tag different, not the straight neat look of the other one .. much fuller at the hip area, my opinion remains the same. Maybe OP can get a picture of it on a coat hanger .. that would help ... Joy.

lloyd249 likes this.
  6. reader

reader Well-Known Member

My opinion is that the orange jacket is genuine but for $7.50 authenticate4u as already suggested will give a definitive answer.

kyratango and lloyd249 like this.
  7. lloyd249

i have taken notice that the fakes all have numbered buttons , zippers, snaps and clasps and are easy to trace back to fakes , gucci on the other hand clearly stamps all their buttons ,snaps and other parts . i think the cost for the fakers to have the machines to make custom ones would far out weight the cost of the manufacturing of the fakes IMO

kyratango likes this.
  8. reader

reader Well-Known Member

Unfortunately that isn’t true. When counterfeiters are faking items that they’re going after in volume that will still sell for hundreds of dollars there’s plenty of potential profit to tool fonts on all findings.

lloyd249 and Christmasjoy like this.
  9. lloyd249

after further investigating , you maybe right ,

Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
  10. lloyd249

i wouldn't be able to tell the difference ,i'm not an expert lol but the stitching does look shabby in the fake , real is tighter so to speak and where the gg comes together at the top is terrible in the fake
    [​IMG]

Christmasjoy likes this.
  11. lloyd249

Hardware
    Cheap hardware is a common indicator of a replica Gucci bag. Real Gucci hardware is sturdy, solid metal, and most pieces — from the snaps to the zipper — are cleanly engraved with “Gucci.” Fake hardware may be lightweight, chipped, flakey or even rusted. Restorers are extremely careful with real Gucci hardware. “You would never want to put real Gucci hardware on a fake bag,” explains Anthony “Tony” Rago, of Rago Brothers Shoe and Leather Repair.https://www.1stdibs.com/blogs/the-study/how-to-spot-a-fake-gucci-bag/

Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
    Christmasjoy likes this.
  12. reader

reader Well-Known Member

Not “maybe” lol-I am right on this. Some of the counterfeits are so good today that one needs an expert to tell and sometimes they’ll pass if they don’t have the piece in hand. When a bag retails for multi thousands darn good replicas can be made for a fraction of the price. One thing that all should do when attempting to decide if an estate sale/thrift shop bag is genuine is to run their hands all over the hardware without looking at it. Hardware on luxury bags should be smooth and perfectly finished. If you feel or see roughness or casting bubbles on a luxury bag, you’ve got a fake for sure.

I’m not sure the fake photo is even leather. It looks synthetic.

That fake Gucci hardware tells all immediately and would be obvious in hand.

Christmasjoy and kyratango like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted