Info requested about the Porcelain figurine lamp

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Mejjoo, Jan 18, 2020.

1. Mejjoo

Mejjoo New Member

Hello all...we have this small porcelain figurine lamp (belonged to my friend's grand mother) & appreciate any help with identification & value of the same...thank you all in advance.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 18, 2020
    KikoBlueEyes likes this.
  2. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

Welcome Mejjoo. The pottery people usually like to see the marks on the bottom, so they can help you. Good luck! :)

Last edited: Jan 18, 2020
    Christmasjoy likes this.
  3. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

I've sold some of these lamps, not uncommon.
    The red felt appears to be a replacement on the bottom.

KikoBlueEyes likes this.
  4. judy

judy Well-Known Member

Hi Mejjoo!

Welcome to Antiquers........

Your pictures are very small, too small for detail.

But from what I can see, it's not of the best quality and probably not older than from the 1930's at best. More likely later than that.

When antique dolls were highly sought after, figural lamps similar to yours were also quite popular. Collectors looked for those made in Germany, etc. for their quality.....just as German, French, dolls were sought after for their quality also. (Some still do command a high price).

This is just my opinion based on doll collecting, so wait for others to chime in.

Sadly not a high ticket item.....$5 to $25.00.

KikoBlueEyes likes this.
  5. Mejjoo

Mejjoo New Member

Thank you all, for taking the time to respond...as you can see, I am a newbie here, have to figure out to post better pics...just wondering where these could be from...thanks....

KikoBlueEyes likes this.
  6. judy

judy Well-Known Member

Hi Mejjoo..............The next time that you post pictures, please choose Full Image so that we may see them better.:cat:

You did just fine for your first post. We look forward to more.

KikoBlueEyes likes this.
  7. KikoBlueEyes

On the Support and Testing Forum, there are posts how to use an iPhone and android to do post pictures. Use good light; a plain background, take time to focus, show us everything especially marks and like @judy said use full image. See you soon.

8. Mejjoo

Mejjoo New Member

Judy - Thanks for your words & yes, there will be more..:joyful:

KikoBlueEyes - Oops, I wasn't clear...I was wondering about the origin of the lamp..:shame:..

KikoBlueEyes likes this.
  9. KikoBlueEyes

Please don't be embarrassed. It is I who read your post wrong. How I learned was to observe members who posted items in the category of my item and based on the responses, posted photos like them

Draft saved Draft deleted