Featured Information on large Japanese serving dish

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Garydh, Jun 6, 2022.

1. Garydh

Garydh Well-Known Member

First let me apologize for not having the measurements because I’m sitting at work, I am looking for information on this large serving dish I’ve seen other photographs of one similar but not exact so any information would be greatly appreciate it thank you for your time and understanding… Gary 11A19D16-30E5-40BD-A49F-84F997674625.jpeg BA21CFE5-0E3B-4EAB-ACB6-130ACB6FA085.jpeg

2. Ce BCA

Ce BCA Well-Known Member

Japanese, with prunus blossom, birds and chrysanthemum. Second half of the 19th century, likely between 1850 and 1890, Edo or Meiji. Most likely from the Arita region.

3. Garydh

Garydh Well-Known Member

Thank you so much I knew I could count on you guys

pearlsnblume and komokwa like this.
  4. Garydh

Garydh Well-Known Member

I found it at my favorite thrift store for six dollars they just don’t know the stuff they get there

Draft saved Draft deleted