Inherited Fine China made in Poland Favolina or Jarolina... please help?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Alex18, Oct 9, 2017.

1. kaudet

kaudet Well-Known Member

i need help likes this.
  2. kaudet

kaudet Well-Known Member

i need help likes this.
  3. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

Yes, indeed, they do. I emailed them last year after discovering the info shown earlier in this thread (on page 1) but they never replied - and obviously never corrected their site!

(Just for the record, I have found a number of errors on Replacements over the years...)

judy and i need help like this.
  4. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Polish porcelain has always driven me just a little batty. It seems some of the companies there make minor changes to a pattern and then release it under a different pattern name. Telling the difference between patterns can require careful attention. Some don't even use pattern names at all. I wouldn't worry too much. The people that collect always seem to find what they need. I can't explain the Jaronlina, Favolina, and Karolina but it wouldn't surprise me if these were all the same company. If looking for replacement pieces or to add to your set I would search all three names. This is an area that could use its own reference book or site but so far I have not found one. I would always trust the porcelainmarksandmore site over Replacements. Replacements is a fine company but it is in the business of selling china, glass, and silver. (And any company that lets you bring your pet to work can't be all bad). The porcelainmarksandmore site consists of much original research and documentation and is more a labor of love. I would trust the dates on that site. Welcome and good luck to you.
    Don

5. Sara Courter

Sara Courter New Member

I have a whole set of janlino china set looks like from 1954 with a 1 on it that a 64 what is this worth?

6. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

Read the previous posts--it's Karolina. Search SOLD listings on ebay for similar if you can't find your exact pattern.

BoudiccaJones, Figtree3 and komokwa like this.
  7. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, porcelain dinner sets, even those of very well-known manufacturers, aren’t terribly desirable at the moment and prices reflect that. Also, Polish china tends to have less value than than other manufacturers.

judy and i need help like this.
  8. arts

arts New Member

I think it looks like it spells Jarolina, but actially is supposed to write Karolina with the rest of k's markings drawn over the whole logo like <.

i need help likes this.
  9. arts

arts New Member

I also got a porchelaine sugar and the number 4 under the stamp, Made in Poland.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2019
    i need help likes this.
  10. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Last edited: Mar 30, 2019
  11. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

I had to keep reading all these to see why the heck we're still talking about Karolina; it was like watching a train wreck--I couldn't look away, but it hurt.

12. Mugzinnys

Mugzinnys Well-Known Member

me and the big r has a category on Favolina but not a category on Karolina. Favolina is the name I have always used for that mark.

i need help likes this.
  13. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

KikoBlueEyes and i need help like this.
  14. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

The thread that wouldn't die! :vulcan::vulcan::vulcan:

i need help, Figtree3 and SBSVC like this.
  15. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

Tell me about it! :)

i need help and dgbjwc like this.
  16. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

We could all make a movie about it!

i need help, SBSVC and dgbjwc like this.
  17. Mugzinnys

Mugzinnys Well-Known Member

20190406_190030.jpg 20190406_190220.jpg 20190406_190233.jpg Here is the starting lady This 12 3/4" charger

18. ticaya

ticaya New Member

I have a small creamer with those same marks I thought it was Favolina. What does the number mean? I have a number 2 on the bottom of the creamer just like Alex18 mark above. Thank you all for all the additional information I have read above.

19. Psigna

Psigna New Member

I have this set and and I was given this as a child from my grandmother. I am almost 53 now. My pattern also has the word Sophia on it.

dgbjwc likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted