Inherited & need advice/help

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Total newbie, Jul 30, 2020.

1. Total newbie

Total newbie New Member

Hi, I have inherited some ceramics that the owner believed to have some value, I don’t have a clue who, what where the various items are and any id tips or routes to aid me identify would be really appreciated and hey who knows if it’s something someone out there likes and would like to own offer away.

the first blue items were apparently sought after by an antiques agent a few years back and put undue pressure on my relative to release them or so the story goes but as to what they are or values I’m in the dark as know nothing of this field.

your help & experience would be very much appreciated

Attached Files:

2. blooey

blooey Well-Known Member

With the exception of the figures, everything looks English and at a guess dates from the late 19thc to the early part of the 20thc. The figural candlesticks are continental and look like majolica to me. I can't see the jug and mark in the phone pic very clearly so not sure what that is.

3. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

W. Wood & co. Is the last one.

4. daveydempsey

daveydempsey Moderator Moderator

Last one should have an EPNS lid, its a biscuit barrel.

5. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

6. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

I never felt it ethical to decide what a buyer should offer to pay for a seller's wares. This isn't the selling thread, so please wait until you identify them and have an idea of their values, before accepting random offers. When you know how much you want for them, can post the amounts in the selling thread here, or in online sales, and you can give members a discount if you wish.. This is just a suggestion..

7. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

8. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

Candlesticks — no idea what factory is BU, but ci tine tal is right. From the style, Germany, Austria, Bohemia area and also possibly Belgium.

Total newbie likes this.
  9. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

Total newbie likes this.
  10. Bdigger

Bdigger Well-Known Member

Those candle holders are just toooo cute. I really like them!

Total newbie likes this.
  11. Total newbie

Total newbie New Member

Offers to sell are not allowed, deleted.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2020
    komokwa likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted