Intellectual Property/Trademark lawyer focusing in Antiques?

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by research, Aug 10, 2021.

1. research

research Member

Hi everyone,
    I was wondering if anyone had any experience with or recommendations for an intellectual property lawyer who had experience in the trademark application process for a company that sells antiques/collectibles? Thanks so much

Last edited: Aug 10, 2021
    Bronwen and Any Jewelry like this.
  2. Joe in PA

Joe in PA Well-Known Member

You could contact your local Bar association they may be able to help direct you

bercrystal and i need help like this.
  3. research

research Member

They don't really recommend industry specific lawyers. Since Trademarks are federal law I believe I could use a layer that is based anywhere in the country.

Was hoping somebody had a good experience with a lawyer who was familiar with listing goods and services, etc. for Antique/collectible businesses.

4. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

5. research

research Member

Sorry, I'm specifically looking for intellectual property lawyers that focus on antiques/collectibles etc.

6. Bookahtoo

Bookahtoo Moderator Moderator

Could you give an example of something you might consult one on?

7. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

8. research

research Member

Trademarks for an antiques/collectibles business as mentioned in the original post

9. Bookahtoo

Bookahtoo Moderator Moderator

Are you talking about a company logo? I don't think you can trademark an antique.

LauraGarnet02 likes this.
  10. research

research Member

I'm talking about a business, so a name/logo

11. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Or use of logos of defunct companies?

12. research

research Member

I changed my original post to hopefully make it more clear.

Looking for a lawyer who has experience helping companies that sells antiques/collectibles trademark their business (name/logo).

Basically I thought their might be antique dealers here who have stores/brands that they trademarked, and I was wondering if they had recommendations on lawyers that helped them.

13. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

just to add to this conversation...

. You do not need an attorney to file an application for registration of a trademark with the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO).

Once a trademark is registered, its owner should monitor its use. ... It is certainly possible for entrepreneurs to file applications and successfully register trademarks on their own.

and.........

Registering a trademark for a company name is pretty straightforward. Many businesses can file an application online in less than 90 minutes, without a lawyer's help. The simplest way to register is on the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office's Web site, www.uspto.gov.

judy, Any Jewelry and bercrystal like this.
  14. research

research Member

I appreciate the info, but again, my post is asking for recommendations on lawyers. I do understand that you can apply as an individual, but I was asking specifically about lawyers. The USPTO strongly suggests using a lawyer and not applying as an individual if you check out their site at the link you attached.

15. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

well....that's OK...I'm in Canada......so....just trying to add to the conversation..!
    ;):)

judy and research like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted