Interesting Art Glass Vase

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by kardinalisimo, Feb 7, 2015.

1. kardinalisimo

kardinalisimo Well-Known Member

Any idea of the maker?
    Thanks
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Just a guess but 80s Italian . I love it,whatever it is !

3. fenton

fenton Well-Known Member

Possible Italian Murano but other Country's are making modern versions of this type of glass now.

4. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

5. kardinalisimo

I am not familiar with the techniques on Murano pieces but on this vase appears that the applied glass patches, lines and beads are laid over a slighly depressed surfaces so they almost get even with the rest of the body rather then sticking out. Is that common for Murano art glass?

6. DragonflyWink

DragonflyWink Well-Known Member

Reminds me of some pieces Bertil Vallien did for Kosta-Boda in the '80s, but of course, it's not...

~Cheryl

7. DragonflyWink

8. kardinalisimo

thanks for the link. why do you think is not by him?

9. DragonflyWink

Well, there's the lack of a signature - and despite the similarities, it's just not good enough in design or execution...

~Cheryl

Draft saved Draft deleted