Featured Interesting Article On Antique Employee Badges

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Joe2007, Mar 5, 2018.

1. Joe2007

Joe2007 Collector

Antique Employee Badges Offer a Unique Glimpse into American Industry
    http://consumergrouch.com/?p=7185

While doing a bit of research on a Frigidaire employee id badge that I recently acquired I came across the article above and thought it was worth posting a link to here.

Below is the piece that I picked up at an antique mall today for $2.50 on a whim. I guess I'm going to have to keep an eye out for these now they look really cool and they have some value. Many of these badges were produced by the Whitehead & Hoag company the same firm that produced many political and advertising buttons.
    frigidaire employee badge whitehead and hoag.jpg

Christmasjoy, judy, aaroncab and 4 others like this.
  2. Huntingtreasure

Huntingtreasure Well-Known Member

Yikes!!!! Many of them look like mug shots, complete with height and a number in front. Very cool though, we just had a thread on political buttons made by that same company.

judy, Joe2007 and Aquitaine like this.
  3. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

I had one a while ago. Sold it too cheap on Ebay at some point. Even the ones from more obscure companies can go for money apparently.

4. kristiaan

kristiaan Well-Known Member

First one I get to see! Didn't know them. Thanks for sharing.

5. Joe2007

Joe2007 Collector

Got another one today! Antique mall checkout workers really liked it and for a moment I was concerned they were going to raise the price on me. I did get it for a pretty good price although not as good as the one shown above.

Employee Badge Fridgidaire Male Worker.jpg

kristiaan, i need help and komokwa like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted