Featured INTERESTING DUMP PICK!!!

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Aquitaine, Jan 21, 2018.

1. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Hi all!! Spent the afternoon with some good friends we don't get to see all that often out by Springfield, MA......he gets to pick the town dump apparently whenever he has time and wants to......(Lucky dog!!!!) I got to snap a couple of quick shots of this vase....it's unsigned, but I thought interesting.....no chips or cracks.....he's also got several others, that I didn't get images of, but he promised he's either going to join here or send me images!!! He has gotten some NEAT stuff!!!!! Here's the vase.....I am not a "glassie" and it's probably nothing....but kind of can't believe what people will throw away!!!! (The other vase I really liked that I did NOT get an image of was only about 8" tall with a flat wide rim on top, signed on the bottom, and kind of looked like a Millefiore [sp] pattern....was gorgeous when you shone a light down inside!!!!) Back to this one........OH MOST IMPORTANT.....THANK YOU ONE AND ALL FOR LOOKING AND OFFERING YOUR MOST VALUED OPINIONS!!!!! YOU ARE ALWAYS MOST APPRECIATED!!!!!!!:):):):):)

20180121_200609.jpg

20180121_200714.jpg

2. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

They simply do not think to care about others.
    Could’ve brought that to any charity thrift. :(

3. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    Why do people throw stuff like is away? Thank Goodness they do. I had a lady throw out 25 to 30 pieces of sterling silver since it was her Mom's and she did not want to polish it anymore. After I kept a few pieces for myself the rest sold for over a thousand bucks.
    greg

4. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

I don't know anything about who made this glass vase though if I were guessing (a quite uneducated guess) I'd think it's modern Chinese.

My theory is that things like this may have come delivered with flowers. Many times people who receive flowers are in the midst of family or personal upheaval. Sometimes it's good, like a wedding, sometimes sad, like a death. Anyway, often at times people have much more dramatic things going on than thinking about what to do with the vessel the now dead flowers are in.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2018
  5. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Thanks anyway!!! Kind of reminds me of a zebra and it's heavy!!

6. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Id vote modern chinese as well,very much Home Goods or the like. Its pretty and you cant beat the price!

7. LIbraryLady

LIbraryLady Well-Known Member

Yeah for you!
    I don't know anything about glass, but I believe that aqua/turquoise colour was frequently used in the 50's, so perhaps it is vintage...

Christmasjoy and KingofThings like this.
  8. MrNate

MrNate Well-Known Member

I need more people like this in my life!!

Christmasjoy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted