Introduction

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Steven John, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Steven John

Steven John New Member

Good morning All

My name is Steven John. I have a keen interest in Antiques and after inheriting a very old farm house and its contents have had no end of pleasure finding out what certain items are or where they're from. I find it fascinating how a piece can tell a history, similar to that of metal detecting. Objects that were once used in day to day by people.
    I'm normally ok at identifying makers marks and white often they're relatively straightforward. However I've come across a blue and white plate/platter and have no clue as to the maker? Would be acceptable to upload a few photos and get any help that can be offered. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Steven John

2. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  3. Houseful

Houseful Well-Known Member

Welcome Steven
    Just upload clear photos with size of item and any info you have about it and we will do our best to help.

4. kyratango

kyratango Bug jewellery addiction!

5. judy

judy Well-Known Member

Hi Steven!

Welcome to Antiquers!

We look forward to your FULL IMAGE
    photos.:cat:

6. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard, we look forward to seeing your treasures.

Christmasjoy and i need help like this.
  7. silverthwait

silverthwait Well-Known Member

8. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Greetings, Steven John!

judy and i need help like this.
  9. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Welcome to the Forum, Steven! :)

Christmasjoy and judy like this.
  10. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

Looking forward to seeing your mystery stuff. Welcome.

Christmasjoy, judy and i need help like this.
  11. Christmasjoy

Christmasjoy Well-Known Member

WELCOME Steven !!!! ... Joy.

i need help likes this.
  12. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

greetings

Christmasjoy likes this.
  13. Steven John

Steven John New Member

That's great, thank you for the welcome. On the back it has made in England stamped, but I'm intrigued as to the green oval mark, not seen it before. It also has the number 10 engraved on the rim on the back. The front is simple but very pretty. I'm drawn to the circle at the top centre, it almost looks unfinished if that makes sense? Anyway, any help would be great. Thanks in advance Screenshot_20190111-202917_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20190111-202933_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20190111-203002_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20190111-202949_Gallery.jpg

14. Christmasjoy

Hi Steven, I think the circle on top of the plate seems to be a moon at nightfall with clouds passing by, and the marking on the the back of the plate looks like a planet .. Saturn I think. I may be wrong but that's how I see them ... Joy.

i need help likes this.
  15. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

Steven You might post this on the Pottery, Glass etc. Forum for more views by experts in this field.

16. Bakersgma

I agree with Kiko @Steven John And when you do start that new thread, try to get a closer picture of that green mark. It looks like it is composed of words, but they are too small to decipher in the picture you posted here.

17. Christmasjoy

WELL ... The moon and Saturn .. Lovely thought anyway, sorry 'bout that .. :(

18. Steven John

Steven John New Member

Good morning all. Thank you for helping. Ill set up a new thread in the pottery section, it's difficult to get a clearer photo of the green mark as the focus becomes blurry, it's not discernable with the naked eye as it is. Will I need to give a whole new introduction again on the pottery forum, not a problem I just like to do things the correct way. Have a great Saturday everyone

judy likes this.
  19. Steven John

Steven John New Member

Thank you for all the input. I will try the pottery forum. Do I need to write an introduction again? It's not a problem, just like to follow forum etiquette.
    Thanks again

Christmasjoy and judy like this.
  20. Bakersgma

When you start the new thread you don't need to introduce yourself again, but you should repeat the part about the plate.

Christmasjoy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted