Featured Iridized Art Glass Vase w/Fish Silhouette

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by laura9797, Jun 10, 2022.

1. laura9797

laura9797 Well-Known Member

Good morning - I have a lovely iridized art glass vase with acid etched fish silhouette. The finished pontil has damage right where the signature would be. I can make out the last letters 'lass' which I assume is "glass". I thought perhaps this was an early Correia vase. It is in a collection with some early Steven Lundberg .
    Thank you for any suggestions! IMG_6141.JPEG IMG_6148.JPEG IMG_6147.JPEG IMG_6144.JPEG IMG_6142.JPEG IMG_6143.JPEG IMG_6146.JPEG

Figtree3, Boland, Aquitaine and 4 others like this.
  2. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

It looks more like damage than a pontil scar. Almost like someone was trying to remove the signature.

Figtree3 and Boland like this.
  3. Boland

Boland Well-Known Member

I agree (but I have very limited knowledge/experience ) that ‘damage’ looks weird or purposeful. Cool looking vase!

Figtree3 likes this.
  4. laura9797

laura9797 Well-Known Member

Not purposeful. The owner told me that housekeeper thought she could put it in the dishwasher and ended up clunking the end of the vase on the granite counter top. She also cracked really nice piece of art glass that had copper wires blown into it. The dishwasher heat made the copper expand and fractured the vase up one side. I told him we might as well use the glass for jewelry shards. At least she admitted it and didn't try to put the vases back on the shelves.

5. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

:arghh:

laura9797 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted