Is this 19th or 20th century?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by manny, Jun 3, 2018.

1. manny

manny Active Member

Hi everyone is this plate 19th or 20th century? IMG_9497.JPG IMG_9490.JPG

2. Mat

Mat Well-Known Member

3. manny

manny Active Member

4. AuDragon

AuDragon Well-Known Member

I can't see obvious transfer applications of the dragon or patterns which leads me to think they might be hand painted, but the photos are quite blurry when I enlarge them so hard to see. There is obviously some age to the plate but I thought the rice grain pattern was mainly used on quality decorative cups (so you could appreciate the translucent effect when the cup was held up to the light while drinking) also on bowls, jars, etc and was a much later inclusion on utilitarian items such as plates. I will leave others with more knowledge to determine the mark on the base and its actual age, but I would think this is possibly early 20th century pre-Republican period.

i need help likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted