Is this A Bev Doolittle Limited edition?

Discussion in 'Art' started by 916Bulldogs123, Feb 14, 2015.

1. 916Bulldogs123

916Bulldogs123 Well-Known Member

The size is correct from what i have been looking at. Mine has a brass plaque that i have not seen on others though?
    Title is "Let my Spirit Soar"

Mikey

atree 20120.jpg
    atree 20126.jpg
    atree 20125.jpg

2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

A Ltd Ed print will have a white border with the number written over the edition size ( eg. 38/175 ) in pencil on the bottom left , & the title written in the center, and the artists signature , with date on the bottom right hand.

RoyThomasTHEgift1982.jpg

You'rs looks like a high end tourist shop framed open edition or maybe poster.

Folks rarely mat like that , with the outer mat scored, and a metal label identifying the title ....where no title appears on the face of the art work itself.

Lucille.b and cxgirl like this.
  3. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

That is a beautiful print @komokwa!

komokwa likes this.
  4. komokwa

The late Roy Thomas....Ojibwa artist......quite a guy !!

cxgirl likes this.
  5. 916Bulldogs123

This is copied from one of the listings that made me think it is one of these.

There were 16 collector prints or (MINI prints) in each Where Silence Speaks portfolio which comprised all of her works to that date, plus the limited edition print MISSED. The prints from the portfolio are smaller than the limited editions but have the same high quality printing and color of the larger prints. These prints are NOT cut out of a book. They are not signed or numbered but there are only 3500 Where Silence Speaks portfolios, so they are limited to 3500 of each image

6. komokwa

so any money would be in the full portfolio ....but a store would take them apart, frame them and increase the whole value.
    On it's own , it's still a high quality offset lithograph......or poster.

7. 916Bulldogs123

Thank you very much.

Mikey

Draft saved Draft deleted