Is This a Common Photography Theme?

Discussion in 'Ephemera and Photographs' started by AntiqueBytes, Sep 17, 2021.

1. AntiqueBytes

AntiqueBytes Well-Known Member

Have you seen variations on this theme before?

swingset1.jpg

NewEngland and yourturntoloveit like this.
  2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

3. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

And if you want to see one in color...
    My older brother and sister in 1961:

swingstevedeb1.jpg

4. yourturntoloveit

yourturntoloveit Well-Known Member

I can't say that I have seen "this theme before" but I have lived that theme many, many times before. My father built for me and my younger sister a wooden swing frame(posts and wooden swing seats).

Oh my goodness how much we both (me and my little sister) loved and played on that swing set. Thank you for posting that photo. The memories of our swing set that Daddy built have lasted many (and I do mean many years. :happy:

Happy!, NewEngland, judy and 3 others like this.
  5. AntiqueBytes

AntiqueBytes Well-Known Member

Thanks every one for sharing. Those are wonderful swingset images.

I like this one I found as it's kind of a different theme like you're seeing the expression at the ultimate height of the ride upward.

6. Mixdenny

Mixdenny Active Member

6715-Stearns-1954-Denise_swings.jpg Taken at my house back in the 1950s. I managed to contact this young lady a few years ago and she had many vintage photos of my house going back to when it was built in 1925.. The metal swing set posts are still there but they fell down a few years ago. This area is now woods with undergrowth.

AntiqueBytes, bluumz, Happy! and 4 others like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted