Is this a Erwin Bogaert painting? Help w/signature on watercolor

Discussion in 'Art' started by journeymagazine, Nov 1, 2022.

1. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

I found these 2 paintings (The DJ/Boaert may be a print? Hard to tell even with a loop) at a thrift store yesterday
    The Bogaert was 1 of 3 actually but I only bought 1 because I couldn't find the artist when I googled on my phone + 1 of the other 2 had a small tear. But this one was at my friend's small thrift/2nd hand store so I'm hoping the other 2 may still be there if this one turns out to be an actual Edwin Bogaert!

Can anyone tell me if this is by Edwin Bogaert?

The 2nd is a watercolor of New Orleans/the French Quarter, but I can't make out the signature - can anyone tell who the artist is?
    It's not factory art, right??

Thank you in advance for any help!

ART PAINTING DJ ABSTRACT 1AA RESIZED.jpg ART PAINTING DJ ABSTRACT 5AA RESIZED.jpg ART PAINTING WATERCOLOR NEW ORLEANS 1AA.jpg ART PAINTING WATERCOLOR NEW ORLEANS 2AA.jpg ART PAINTING WATERCOLOR NEW ORLEANS 3AA.jpg ART PAINTING WATERCOLOR NEW ORLEANS 3AAA.jpg ART PAINTING WATERCOLOR NEW ORLEANS 4AAA.jpg

judy and Figtree3 like this.
  2. laura9797

laura9797 Well-Known Member

judy, Figtree3 and NewEngland like this.
  3. David Broom

David Broom Active Member

Second one possibly Nestor Frugé. Nice painting.

4. journeymagazine

Thank you both!

judy likes this.
  5. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

The Frugé is likely 1950s from the skirt's fullness and length.

Debora

6. Luis Martinez

Luis Martinez New Member

I own the original DJ painting, but that is indeed a Bogaert print! I can show pictures of how mine looks

7. journeymagazine

I would like to see it - I still have mine because I thought it was a painting + it looks good on my wall!

GARAGE ALE 1A_A_AA NEW LOOK 3CAAA ART BAA.jpg GARAGE ALE 1A_A_AA NEW LOOK 3CAAA ART CAA.jpg

8. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I remember when you posted this Bogaert print last year, @journeymagazine -- Like it a lot, but didn't comment at the time!

journeymagazine and judy like this.
  9. journeymagazine

Will you show the painting?

Figtree3 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted