Is this a Waterford Christmas Ornament?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by dgbjwc, Oct 25, 2017.

1. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Hello everyone! Does anyone recognize this as Waterford? I bought it this way but I cannot come up with a Waterford ornament that matches. It measures 2 3/4" long and about 1 7/8" across. No markings that I can find. I've plugged in all the numbers on the sleeve, done a google image search, and searched for Waterford ornaments but just can't turn anything up. I didn't used to be the suspicious sort but now that I'm old and jaded...Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you!
    Don

IMG_20171025_115602771.jpg IMG_20171025_115615702.jpg IMG_20171025_120159490.jpg IMG_20171025_120207898.jpg

Ghopper1924 and KingofThings like this.
  2. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

They've made clear and green ones but that's not them.

Ghopper1924, dgbjwc and judy like this.
  3. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

I think it's fine, I've seen those here. They're inexpensive.

4. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Some of those ornaments can be hard to read. I found one of their 90s pieces here new in box and had the devil's own time finding the mark.

5. Ownedbybear

Some now also only have sticky labels.

Ghopper1924 likes this.
  6. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Some of the bits that came out of China or wherever they were making things for a while? I can believe it. I wouldn't buy it, but I can believe it.

judy likes this.
  7. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Increasingly I've been buying based on my own aesthetics as opposed to what might be popular. I don't trust much of the new stuff out there, regardless of what name is on the tag. Plus the general drop in quality that we only used to see in clothing has spread to even well established names. I've been looking at Royal Copenhagen pieces because I have one to sell. Despite the name, some of the Royal Copenhagen stuff I saw was not even close to the quality of the older pieces.
    As for the shamrock, as always you guys are the best! Thanks so much!
    Don

judy likes this.
  8. Ownedbybear

Malaysia made, I think, rather than China.

judy likes this.
  9. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    Well Waterford was sold to ?? and now all of it is made overseas as well as Wedgwood. So many companies were combined and resold. All of Lenox is being made over seas except for the dinnerware which is made in North Carolina. Pick up your missing pieces now since I believe it will be going overseas and will change and no longer match. My Franciscan Apple was sold to England and then sold to overseas and none of the pieces match the old set.:oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops:
    greg

dgbjwc and judy like this.
  10. Ownedbybear

SBSVC likes this.
  11. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi Ownedbybear,
    That is good to know. Thank you. I thought for sure it was gone forever. I remember when Tiffany and Company was sold to Avon Cosmetics. It took forever but the Tiffany employees bought it back from them.
    greg

Draft saved Draft deleted