Featured Is this American or Mexican glass?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Jeff Drum, Feb 3, 2020.

1. Jeff Drum

Jeff Drum Well-Known Member

Fair amount of wear to the base (not visible in the pics) so I think it could be from the Blenko era, but no reason to believe it is from them other than the unground pontil. Squares are one inch. Is this a recognizable form, and what would have plugged it (top is not ground).
    P2022099.JPG P2022100.JPG P2022101.JPG P2022102.JPG P2022103.JPG P2022104.JPG

Pat P, Houseful and Christmasjoy like this.
  2. Pat P

Pat P Well-Known Member

It reminds me of an amber creamer that I had. I didn't know the age or origin of mine, but thought it may have been mid-20th century.

3. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

4. Pat P

Pat P Well-Known Member

The turquoise creamer looks a lot like the one I had.

5. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Think they're both charming.

Debora

6. Bigfoot

Bigfoot Active Member

I was going to say blenko also...but blenko also blew glass for Williamsburg and put
    paper labels that fell off

[​IMG]

7. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi Bigfoot,
    Blenko made glassware for Williamsburg from 1936 to 1966. It was then made at Royal Leerdam a Dutch company.
    greg

8. Bigfoot

Bigfoot Active Member

she said there was a fair amount of wear on the base..so it could probably swing either way....very cool info thx greg

9. Bigfoot

Bigfoot Active Member

I think your right greg...blenko fire rounded there tops and that top looks squared

Draft saved Draft deleted