Featured Is this Japanese Oribe - Kenzan Style Pottery?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Lva483, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Lva483

Lva483 Active Member

Good Evening,
    Seeking some thoughts on this bowl, specifically regarding it's origin. It looks like it could be Japanese Oribe pottery. The flowers look like plum blossoms done in common Oribe or Kenzan style. The glaze is really what drew me to it, it't vibrant, bright, and some of the colors (white excluded) are more like an underglaze and transparent- it sort've looks like the work of renown potter Otaga Kenzan ( one could only wish). It measures 6" wide and stands 2" tall. There are no marks or signatures. Thank you and I look forward to hearing your thoughts & opinions.

or7.jpg or1.jpg or5.jpg or8.jpg

2. Lva483

Lva483 Active Member

Here are several more views...
    or9.jpg or16.jpg or17.jpg

Figtree3, LauraGarnet02, judy and 2 others like this.
  3. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

It's beautiful, but I am not expert on oriental pottery, someone who knows more than I do could be more helpful.

4. blooey

blooey Well-Known Member

Kenzan style, but tons of pieces based on that, was super famous an' all - if you can make the Kenzan moniker stick, you can have a go at my Hamada, ok?

antidiem and Lva483 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted