is this ram made by Dominique Pouchain

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by hunt2, May 27, 2024.

1. hunt2

hunt2 Well-Known Member

Is this ram made by Dominique Pouchain? 10.jpg IMG_20240527_120949218.jpg Screenshot 2024-05-27 at 12-22-19 Dominique Pouchain Terracotta Ram Sculpture.png

kentworld likes this.
  2. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Looking at other pieces this artist made, if most things offered with his name online are authentic (and not copies or fakes), there is a good chance that your piece is by him.

I've never heard of him before, just thoughts after a bit of research. The signature is just where it should be, etc.

Wait for others, too.

Last edited: May 27, 2024
  3. hunt2

hunt2 Well-Known Member

Yes you are wright, because there is a difference between the signature on my piece and the expensive one.

Screenshot 2024-05-27 at 16-28-37 Dominique Pouchain Terracotta Ram Sculpture.png IMG_20240527_120949218.jpg

4. Marote

Marote Well-Known Member

komokwa and Lucille.b like this.
  5. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Good suggestion if you could contact and hear back from the artist, that would solve it!

When I was looking around at other signed pieces online, most looked much more like your signature than the First Dibs one. As a side note, even though the auction you linked says, "SOLD" with the line crossed through the price, it means an offer was accepted, so that wasn't the sold price.

Honestly most online look much more like your signature. This is a different piece, but a quick example on Ebay. Again do your research.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3648733594...z1IzzWjAZtqGX2d8u26xYkhf3nK+|tkp:BFBMhvjws_dj

Marote and hunt2 like this.
  6. hunt2

hunt2 Well-Known Member

oke thank you very much. would be amazing if it is the real deal.

Marote likes this.
  7. hunt2

hunt2 Well-Known Member

i have gotten an email from the artist and he confirmed it was his creation and is an early piece because it is signed D.Pouchain

8. Boland

Boland Well-Known Member

Very cool. Thanks for letting us know

Draft saved Draft deleted