Is this really a Dresden teacup?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by vintagerobin, Apr 11, 2024.

1. vintagerobin

vintagerobin Well-Known Member

Another item from the shelf lot. It's marked Dresden with a crown but is it old? Does it have any real value?
    Thanks!

100_9580.JPG 100_9582.JPG 100_9584.JPG

Figtree3 and komokwa like this.
  2. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Helena Wolfsohn I’d say.

vintagerobin and kentworld like this.
  3. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

Not her mark, but another decorating firm and danged if I can remember which one. Google is NOT helping!

vintagerobin likes this.
  4. kentworld

5. vintagerobin

vintagerobin Well-Known Member

Thank you everyone. I used some of the words in your info to search some more. HOLY COW, there are hundreds of similar cups out there by lots of different makers.

I'm going to use some of the descriptors found in my search like "quatrefoil" for the shape and sell it under general terms to be sure I'm not claiming it to be something it isn't.

Thanks again!

6. Chris Marshall

Chris Marshall Well-Known Member

An ID as "Klemm" does not really cover it, simply as it could just as well be the mark used by one of another two businesses. There is a huge background story involved which covers four businesses in a partnership, three of them decoration studios. And there's the problem ... as soon as the truth is mentioned, US "experts" lose it as they have trusted self-created nonsense for decades. I guess I will catch a lot of flak when I finally get round to publishing the corresponding data, LOL!

kentworld and Any Jewelry like this.
  7. kentworld

You won't get flak from this group! You research it all so well that you are da man! er, expert in this area.

This seller has ID'd the decorator as Donath, and you can see the porcelain factory mark underneath. That crown mark sure did get around! https://christiescurios.com/product...-can-saucer-set-donath-and-ohme-double-mark-2

Any Jewelry likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted