Featured Italian Pottery Cantagalli or Galvani?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by wildrose, Sep 10, 2017.

1. wildrose

wildrose Well-Known Member

Does Walter still visit these boards? or would anyone else know for sure? if this is
    italy.jpg italy1.jpg Cantagalli or Galvani? thank you!!

2. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

I think Walter was around last week, maybe he checks in once a week.

3. Walter Del Pellegrino

Walter Del Pellegrino Well-Known Member

Wildrose, Before I answer you allow me to offer my delight in having anyone raise the question. So few, if any, would even be aware of the Galvani name or logo, even though the company had been established in 1811 and ended production in 1973. It is obvious to me that not only do you read my writings, you actually retain the knowledge. For me this is the highest compliment I can receive. Thank you. The mark belongs to Galvani (note the stylized “G” that forms the feet of the rooster. I would date the cup to late 1940’s, early 1950’s.

4. wildrose

wildrose Well-Known Member

Thank you Walter! I always try to research on my own before asking for help. I appreciate your knowledge and willingness to assist.

Draft saved Draft deleted