Featured Italian Pottery Mark....Anyone?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Danijela Pope, Mar 3, 2021.

1. Danijela Pope

Danijela Pope Vintage Antique Addict

Hello friends, first I want to say how much I appreciate and admire this community, you have been my favorite "relax" time. I will come on here and read different threads and admire the items and the responses from experts.
    I am helping my mom downsize with her treasures. The process is very enjoyable, I love doing research on my finds and having her tell me where she has purchased particular item, estate, auction, yard sale and how long she has had it.
    The challenging part is my mother, who has been a passionate collector and has acquired over the years amazing finds, recently has been diagnosed with dementia.
    If you have a loved one with dementia, you can relate that often it's helpful to ask her, and she will reply with great detail, but there are times when she doesn't.
    I think I am venting a little, and appreciate you reading.

My inquiry is about this pitcher, it has a sticker on bottom, I can read Italy but not familiar with the emblem, or maker, any help is much appreciated!
    IMG_7442 copy.jpg IMG_7440 copy.jpg

2. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Please vent as much as you need, I know it can be difficult at times. Enjoy the good moments you have together.:)

3. lvetterli

lvetterli Well-Known Member

There are many of us who have traveled this road in one form or another. Before Covid, the "Resurrection of Rants and Raves" thread was better than most therapy sessions. DH has been gone 9 years, many of the boardies helped me through some very hard days and nights. Personal recommendation: a book, "Learning to Speak Alzheimer's" was very helpful to me. Something new that is helpful is Dr. Sanjay Gupta's book "Keep Sharp". The thinking about dementia has changed radically since my husband was diagnosed. Hang in there, come lean when you need to. Hugs and blessings to you and mom.

Linda

4. Lark

Lark Well-Known Member

My mother sold antiques for 30 years . Here in the Mid west ( Missouri) we would have 1-2 farm sales a week. In the summer I would accompany her as her Pack mule. But I learned a lot on the way. She, too, now has dementia and I am selling off her inventory and some other items she has collected that family doesn't want. I have been using this forum to identify some pieces that they collected in Indonesia as well as pieces i am unsure of. They have been a great help. It is hard to see our parents decline so I feel for you.

patd8643, lovewrens and Danijela Pope like this.
  5. Danijela Pope

Thank you so much - I have read "The 36 hour day" and would recommend it, it really outlined certain things and in so many scenarios I can relate, so it was really helpful to understand Alzheimer's/Dementia. Will check out your recommendations too. The hardest part was accepting...now...as someone mentioned...every moment is priceless and I take all I can get...Hugs and blessing to you as well Linda!

6. Danijela Pope

Lark, appreciate you sharing, this community is to say the least AMAZING.
    My mother has collected for as long as I can remember. Going to visit her she always points out something, lamp, figurine, framed art and tells me about it. She is very creative and has a great eye for fine things. She would always rave about getting an antique piece for a bargain. I told her about this community and she loves hearing about it.
    Thank you all for your understanding and support!

lovewrens and John Brassey like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted