Log in or Sign up
Antiques Board
Home
Forums
>
Antique Forums
>
Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain
>
Italian Pottery Vase
>
Reply to Thread
Message:
<p>[QUOTE="Gina Wittner, post: 1660100, member: 12702"]This vase belonged to my mother and when she passed away I took it. It is not in the greatest shape. There is some crazing, although not a lot, a few cracks around the top and quite a few small chips around the top and bottom. I am not concerned about its value (although it would be really fun to find out that it's more than sentimental). It belonged to my mom and I think is beautiful and I'm sure I'll keep it forever and probably hand it down to one of my kids. </p><p><br /></p><p>My question is does anybody know anything about its age and if a may have come over from Italy with my grandparents to the 1910s or 1920s? Or, is it more likely to be something my mom just picked up in a store because she liked it.</p><p><br /></p><p>I tried to search for the "mark" on the bottom; but, while I found several that looked like it, they were said to be from different pottery houses.[/QUOTE]</p><p><br /></p>
[QUOTE="Gina Wittner, post: 1660100, member: 12702"]This vase belonged to my mother and when she passed away I took it. It is not in the greatest shape. There is some crazing, although not a lot, a few cracks around the top and quite a few small chips around the top and bottom. I am not concerned about its value (although it would be really fun to find out that it's more than sentimental). It belonged to my mom and I think is beautiful and I'm sure I'll keep it forever and probably hand it down to one of my kids. My question is does anybody know anything about its age and if a may have come over from Italy with my grandparents to the 1910s or 1920s? Or, is it more likely to be something my mom just picked up in a store because she liked it. I tried to search for the "mark" on the bottom; but, while I found several that looked like it, they were said to be from different pottery houses.[/QUOTE]
Your name or email address:
Do you already have an account?
No, create an account now.
Yes, my password is:
Forgot your password?
Stay logged in
Antiques Board
Home
Forums
>
Antique Forums
>
Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain
>
Italian Pottery Vase
>
Home
Home
Quick Links
Search Forums
Recent Activity
Recent Posts
Forums
Forums
Quick Links
Search Forums
Recent Posts
Gallery
Gallery
Quick Links
Search Media
New Media
Members
Members
Quick Links
Notable Members
Registered Members
Current Visitors
Recent Activity
New Profile Posts
Menu
Search
Search titles only
Posted by Member:
Separate names with a comma.
Newer Than:
Search this thread only
Search this forum only
Display results as threads
Useful Searches
Recent Posts
More...