It's My Mom's Fault

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Heironymous, May 24, 2017.

1. Heironymous

Heironymous Active Member

Hello everyone ~ and greetings from the Appalachian Mountains of Western North Carolina!

I have landed here [on this site] by the happenstance of buying an old rocking chair yesterday. It was one of those items that just spoke to me, in it's design & comfort ... and well, I guess I'm reaching an age where the idea of a comfortable rocking chair is appealing to me.

As the title of my introduction implies, I've been junkin' & antiquin' since I was a young boy (as so pictured in my avatar), beginning with ventures to such stores with my mom, who cultivated in me this affliction/addiction; and my *taste* is pretty broad & varied ~ though I do have a particular penchant for mid-century modern, as a unifying force in my "bohemian bordello," as I have come to call it.

No, I do not provide any "services" to the latter effect. (I just like the alliterative sound of it).

But anyway, I'm just happy to be here; to have discovered this site & the community of collective knowledge it appears to contain. I'm equally excited to find a new pursuit [with my morning coffee] outside of facebook & all the politique therein that now litters my feed daily.

Among my many pursuits in my (never boring) life, I am first-&-foremost an artist; so with my aesthetic bent, it is only natural that I am attracted to so many *things.* However, with the real danger of becoming a hoarder, I began selling on eBay a couple of years ago ... so I can still satisfy my irrepressible urge to buy certain treasures, live with them for a while, and flip them for a profit [naturally] to supplement my modest income. (It's fun) ~ but it's also work, make no mistake.

Along with my leanings toward MCM, I am also a fan of hand-painted ceramica from around the world ~ and I always have my eye out for it. Throw in some Nippon, Occupied Japan, Bavarian china, and *cute* figurines from time to time, and you may begin to understand why the top of my piano is forever cluttered. (And I'm only scratching the surface here) ~ no pun intended.

At any rate, again, I'm very happy to be here; and I hope maybe I will have some of my own knowledge to contribute to inquires about some of the wonderful things posted on this site.

I look forward to being part of this community.

Cheers!

2. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Hello Heironymous, welcome to the forum.
    Sounds like you're already part of this community. Looking forward to your posts and threads.
    Here is some useful information:
    https://www.antiquers.com/threads/posting-a-thread-and-uploading-pictures.15990/
    When my brother completely covered the floor of his student digs with our late grandmother's oriental rugs, his friends called the place 'the Turkish bordello'.

3. Joshua Brown

Joshua Brown Decently-Known-Member

Welcome Heironymous, I am a artist too but it's only gone as far as a hobby; I love doing charcoal portraits! It sounds like you'll fit in well. :)

Christmasjoy and Heironymous like this.
  4. Heironymous

Heironymous Active Member

Thank you, Joshua!

Joshua Brown likes this.
  5. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Greetings, Heironymous!

6. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Welcome to Antiquers, Heironymous! I enjoyed reading your Intro. :)

Joshua Brown and Heironymous like this.
  7. janettekay

janettekay Well-Known Member

Welcome to the board. You will really like it here !

8. tie.dye.cat

tie.dye.cat Well-Known Member

9. Mansons2005

Mansons2005 Nasty by Nature, Curmudgeon by Choice

Hey Ho Heironymous! Welcome to the forum! And I have a fondness for all things bordello (Bohemian or otherwise).I suppose they remind me of my childhood.........:cool:

10. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Hi and WELCOME, Heironymous!! Sounds like you'll fit right in like a 'bug in a rug', pun intended!!!

Heironymous and Joshua Brown like this.
  11. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard. :)

12. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Hi Heironymous! From your avatar with the great explanation, and everything else, I agree, you fit in here perfectly! Many, and I mean MANY of us go straight here with our morning coffee. Some incredible knowledge, etc. It is a very active site and a wonderful place to learn. Welcome! :)

13. *crs*

*crs* Hippy Dippy Antiquer

Welcome!!! from central NC neighbor

14. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

15. quirkygirl

quirkygirl likes pretty old things

16. all_fakes

all_fakes Well-Known Member

17. Christmasjoy

Christmasjoy Well-Known Member

Welcome !! Joy.

18. LIbraryLady

LIbraryLady Well-Known Member

Welcome. Sounds like you'll fit right in.

19. wenna

wenna Well-Known Member

Welcome Home Heironymous! I had to copy and paste your name to make sure I got the spelling correct :O)

Draft saved Draft deleted