Featured It's on the way, so I can talk about it

Discussion in 'Silver' started by MrNate, Jan 15, 2020 at 5:51 PM.

1. MrNate

MrNate Well-Known Member

Good evening to my fellow silver enthusiasts. The time has come once again, for the magic to happen, and a great item to be found. This was an online score. As is often the case, the details of the listing didn't quite match up to what a pair of trained eyes observed. I happened across this listing, the title mentioned that it's silver plated (of course we know that doesn't stop me from looking and maybe buying):

1.jpg

2.jpg

And so I inquired, in my usual way asking to see if I could manage to get a photo of the bottom. The seller was kind to send me this one photo:

3.jpg

So I feel confident that I know purity and origin, but if someone else can confirm that would be great. And on the off chance someone can translate the maker, that would be super cool...This one went out the door for $31 total and I can't wait to get it in my hands.

kyratango, popsycat, Joe2007 and 10 others like this.
  2. necollectors

necollectors Well-Known Member

3. anundverkaufen

anundverkaufen Well-Known Member

Iran, .875 silver purity.

cxgirl, Nick72, aaroncab and 6 others like this.
  4. anundverkaufen

anundverkaufen Well-Known Member

kyratango, patd8643, cxgirl and 8 others like this.
  5. MrNate

MrNate Well-Known Member

6. J Dagger

J Dagger Well-Known Member

This one is incredible. Really well done! You stole it for sure. Was the owner Iranian do you know? Just curious how they came to own it, I assume it must have been an heirloom.

kyratango, komokwa, Joe2007 and 2 others like this.
  7. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Anund, you never cease to amaze. :happy: Such a valued member here.

Wonderful find, Mr. Nate.

bercrystal, judy, kyratango and 7 others like this.
  8. MrNate

MrNate Well-Known Member

An interesting question. And I wish I could ask the seller, but I'm always cautious after the deal is done to interact anymore. I would definitely prefer that the seller feels good about the transaction as I'm sure they do right now. So if I start asking questions about where they got it from I may unintentionally expose more details than I want to. To that end, the owners last name appears to be of German origin, so unless I asked very directly, there doesn't appear to be a family connection. The seller only has a few listings, so doesn't appear to be offloading an estate which could indicate a family member passing away. I always want so bad to learn the background of where an item came from, but often I have to accept the mystery of these items...Bouncing around in my brain is often the question "is there more in this persons basement"?!?

9. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

great score Mr Nate:)
    lol, so true:)

kyratango, MrNate and Lucille.b like this.
  10. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

yes...but at $31.....for an .875 silver cocktail shaker....or whatever it is...if you get all inquisitive & googly eyed......he may catch on real fast.....and then you've screwed the pooch !:(:(:(

MrNate likes this.
  11. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

When it arrives, maybe couldn't hurt to email and generically say, "I just love this, thank you. Keep me in mind if you are selling anything else."

MrNate and komokwa like this.
  12. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

anything else ...like this, ... maybe be better..
    but yes.....the smooth thank you keeps the door open !

MrNate and Lucille.b like this.
  13. MrNate

MrNate Well-Known Member

This is a brilliant idea and I will definitely do it.

Lucille.b and komokwa like this.
  14. MrNate

MrNate Well-Known Member

Quick update everyone. It arrived today!!!!! No damage during shipping and the seller carefully packed it for me. It felt like unwrapping a christmas gift. I'm hoping to get some photos tomorrow, but here's some basic specs: approximately 8.5" tall, absolutely beautiful, and a surprising 452 grams. I'm thoroughly enjoying the polishing.

aaroncab likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted