Jack Daniels x Davis Cabinet Company Wood Barrel Chair

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by Macy_Kate01, Mar 6, 2024.

1. Macy_Kate01

Macy_Kate01 New Member

Does anyone know anything about this piece? It has a wood burned Jack Daniel’s No. 7 Logo and a Davis Cabinet Company ticket stapled to the bottom. Would love to know more about it IMG_0119.jpeg IMG_0121.jpeg IMG_0119.jpeg IMG_0121.jpeg

Attached Files:

Boland likes this.
  2. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

Davis Cabinet Company is still in business, you could try asking them. Quick googling indicates DCC did JD stuff in the early 1980s.
    Apparently, barrel staves from JD barrels were often used to make various bits of furniture.

Boland, Any Jewelry, komokwa and 2 others like this.
  3. bosko69

bosko69 Well-Known Member

Beautiful piece of recycled booze cooperage.We used to see lots of it in the California Wine Country but this is one of the prettiest.

4. daveydempsey

daveydempsey Moderator Moderator

Talk of the devil (UK speak)

20240306_235905.jpg

sabre123, Aquitaine and johnnycb09 like this.
  5. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Jack Daniels and I had a very contentious relationship ! I loved him,but he kept putting me in jail ! (nothing bad!) I love Jim Beam though.Would that I still drank .

Any Jewelry, komokwa and sabre123 like this.
  6. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

I cannot stomach Jack Daniels, nor tequila. Both invoke bad memories from one of the very few times I got sick from drinking back in my misspent (but really fun) youth! Someone had talked me into downing a couple "Snake Bites"... the version which is simply equal parts JD and tequila. Ugh, just thinking about it makes me want to toss my cookies...!

Last edited: Mar 7, 2024
  7. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

"Bourbon and branch" was my paternal grandfather's favorite tipple. I didn't have any until I was well into adulthood and then only a sip or two at then end of a Christmas Eve visit with my parents. I have used Jack in cooking and as an addition to egg nog. But for some reason I found an unopened bottle in a kitchen cabinet yesterday. :wideyed: Not planning on opening it any time soon. I should remember to give it to my son next time he's here.

johnnycb09 likes this.
  8. bosko69

bosko69 Well-Known Member

Would I ever love to find a few intact bottles of Pre-Prohibition booze at a garage sale,big bucks.
    I remember my rich uncle once gave me $5 while snockered-from then on,I always showed up when he was buzzed.

johnnycb09 likes this.
  9. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

equal parts JD and tequila

that's not a drink...... it's a Poison !!!:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

you're like me with...Southern Comfort...........just writing the name makes me gag !!!!!!!!

bluumz and johnnycb09 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted