Featured Jade green glass necklace

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by J Dagger, Oct 1, 2022.

1. J Dagger

J Dagger Well-Known Member

Picked this up for a few bucks today. Looks like glass beads very much in a jade/Jadeite color. Grabbed it mostly because of the 10k clasp. Beads are nicely graduated. I saw some can be uranium glass. I don’t think I have a black light at the moment. May order one now. Any thought on when/where it’s from? Gold clasp seems slightly out of place for me but I could be wrong. B40CBD26-5ACC-4595-BA5F-52E874D2FC2A.jpeg 3A1ADAB6-A095-4A79-8ECA-EDCDF287CFBE.jpeg 0AE37C52-501E-4795-800D-FD44E75275EA.jpeg

judy, lovewrens, pearlsnblume and 4 others like this.
  2. gauntlettgems

gauntlettgems Well-Known Member

Maybe chrysoprase?

judy, kyratango, KSW and 1 other person like this.
  3. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Sure looks like it. The spacers are Czech glass though.

judy, kyratango, KSW and 1 other person like this.
  4. J Dagger

No way!? I went back and forth on whether these were glass or stone like 5x and decided they were surely glass finally. I guess if the two chrysoprase would be better?

judy and KSW like this.
  5. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

The clear beads look like stones cut to me, each one looks different. Do they look that way in person too? Or is it just an optical illusion from your photos?

J Dagger, judy and kyratango like this.
  6. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

I’ve got some chrysoprase beads and they look very similar.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2022
  7. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Difficult to see what it is, because the dark background influences the colour of the beads. They look like real stones to me though.
    Chrysoprase is a brighter green, but a soft, gentle tone. These could be it, but I can't see the actual colour. Another option is green agate, depending on what colour green the beads are.

J Dagger and judy like this.
  8. kyratango

kyratango Bug jewellery addiction!

Chrysoprase (the dyed green agate sort!) with cut crystal rondelles is my opinion!
    A little bath in dishwasher soap will make them sparkle:)

J Dagger, KSW and Any Jewelry like this.
  9. evelyb30

They're on what looks like cotton. I'd probably end up restringing them, maybe onto tigertail or something else similar that stone won't cut. Cotton string goes *kersplat* eventually and the *splat* is the beads hitting the floor and rolling everywhere except where you want them to be. I'd bet Kyra is more than familiar. (eeyyyarggh!)

J Dagger and kyratango like this.
  10. J Dagger

When I was a young lad backpacking around the west coast a young lady I had a short romance with made me a necklace. I think what we then thought was an exotic horn tip was probably just an antler tip. She made a pendant out of it and strung it on hemp for me. I wore it nonstop for a month or two on my travels after leaving town. Walking on the beach one day I looked down and noticed it was gone. What a bummer.

That said the new owner of this necklace will have to do it. Guessing there won’t be too much value here, but enough to multiple my cost 10x or a bit more maybe?

11. J Dagger

those dirty dyers making everything tricky to ID.

12. J Dagger

That’s what happens when you get curious late at night. …bad photos

13. evelyb30

These days you never know. Real stone goes a lot higher than glass of course. Or it's supposed to.

J Dagger likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted