Log in or Sign up
Antiques Board
Home
Forums
>
Antique Forums
>
Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain
>
Jadeite Coloured Opalescent Opaque Glass Vase - Origin?
>
Reply to Thread
Message:
<p>[QUOTE="Not Sure What This Is, post: 3998645, member: 19814"]Hi,</p><p>I have this old vase that I'm curious about regarding origin. I was thinking Bohemian. It's a little unusual. The glass is opaque in a jadeite tone of green, but there is some opalescence to it - you can see the gold content when viewing with a light behind it although it's not pronounced. It's decorated with a farm scene that appears to be part decal and part hand painted. Then there's some gold enamel flowers and hand painted leaves. And the bottom has a deep centre indent. I'm thinking 1910s - any opinions?</p><p><br /></p><p><br /></p><p><br /></p><p>[ATTACH=full]325443[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]325444[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]325445[/ATTACH][/QUOTE]</p><p><br /></p>
[QUOTE="Not Sure What This Is, post: 3998645, member: 19814"]Hi, I have this old vase that I'm curious about regarding origin. I was thinking Bohemian. It's a little unusual. The glass is opaque in a jadeite tone of green, but there is some opalescence to it - you can see the gold content when viewing with a light behind it although it's not pronounced. It's decorated with a farm scene that appears to be part decal and part hand painted. Then there's some gold enamel flowers and hand painted leaves. And the bottom has a deep centre indent. I'm thinking 1910s - any opinions? [ATTACH=full]325443[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]325444[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]325445[/ATTACH][/QUOTE]
Your name or email address:
Do you already have an account?
No, create an account now.
Yes, my password is:
Forgot your password?
Stay logged in
Antiques Board
Home
Forums
>
Antique Forums
>
Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain
>
Jadeite Coloured Opalescent Opaque Glass Vase - Origin?
>
Home
Home
Quick Links
Search Forums
Recent Activity
Recent Posts
Forums
Forums
Quick Links
Search Forums
Recent Posts
Gallery
Gallery
Quick Links
Search Media
New Media
Members
Members
Quick Links
Notable Members
Registered Members
Current Visitors
Recent Activity
New Profile Posts
Menu
Search
Search titles only
Posted by Member:
Separate names with a comma.
Newer Than:
Search this thread only
Search this forum only
Display results as threads
Useful Searches
Recent Posts
More...