Japanese 19th century Ceramics collection. Can you please help to identify?

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by aim, Feb 18, 2019.

1. aim

aim New Member

Hi all, my first post here as, while I have an interest in objects (being a designer), I had never a chance to be involved in the antique/vintage objects.
    All this changed when I recently lost a relative and I inherited her home with all its content. My relative lived in Greece but traveled in the ‘60s all around Europe for business but also to buy her furniture/accessories.

I managed to identify some of her furniture, some of her ceramics, but there are some that I cannot identify. I wonder if you could help me to identify the following ones or if give me a selling price (estimation of course).

One thing I remember she told me specifically for the ceramic no. U_09 is that her Antique-dealer friend (he has passed away as well) told her to never consider to sell it or just give it away (she used to be very generous to people).

Thank you very much for your time and contribution,

Alex

ps. I have spent 2 weeks on the internet trying to identify her objects. It was a great experience, learnt a lot and looking forward to learn more.
    Especially now that I will need to deal also with agents to sell these objects as I have no space to store them and I live in another country.

U_07.PNG U_08.PNG U_09.PNG U_10.PNG

Christmasjoy and Any Jewelry like this.
  2. silverthwait

silverthwait Well-Known Member

Can't you move??

Any Jewelry and Bakersgma like this.
  3. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Welcome, Alex! I see that it may be difficult to arrange, but giving you more information on these pieces will probably require more pictures. Not that the ones you posted are "bad" but they do not expand to enable us to see more details. Pictures of the underside of the items you have numbered as 8 and 10 may help, even if there are no obvious markings. Well-lit close up pictures of the marks for items 7 and 9 would be helpful (your title for number 9 says "no stamp" but the thumbnail of the underside does show a mark) Finally, closeups of the painting on number 10 will help too.

Christmasjoy, Any Jewelry and judy like this.
  4. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Hi and WELCOME to ANTIQUERS, Alex!!! I'm not really a pottery/porcelain buff, so can't really help except to say that there ARE members well versed in both!!! This is a world wide site, so some members are on at varying hours.....be patient as more will chime in. In the meantime, see if you can add the additional images as requested.....it absolutely WILL help!!!! OH, and I can say, your pieces DO look lovely!!!!!

Christmasjoy, judy, Bakersgma and 2 others like this.
  5. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard. Looks like some lovelies there! There is a separate discussion board here for porcelain, glass and pottery. People will look here, too, but post on there for all the PGP people. The 2 bottom bowls are 19th c. Japanese, left, and likely 19th c. Chinese famille rose or sometimes called canton ware. I don’t know if the gilded mounts help or hinder value. I can’t recall the name of the pottery that is the first one — the crackle in the glaze is intentional. I love the blue one and I “think” it’s Chinese. Anyway, nice stuff! Need good pix of the bases. :)

Christmasjoy and judy like this.
  6. aim

aim New Member

@silverthwait, actually I spend half of my time in 2 countries but I am planning to move permanently so I need to deal with all these objects before I leave.
    @Aquitaine, thank you for your kind words and suggestions! I will try to post more pictures.
    @kentworld, thanks for sharing your impressions. I will post as well at the porcelain, glass and pottery forum (hope will not be considered as double post/spamming).
    @Bakersgma, thanks for the warm welcome! I will try to add more pictures now and within the next few days.. oh, as for pic. 9, this is an adhesive sticker (i guess from the dealer) not a signature or something! :)

Christmasjoy likes this.
  7. Christmasjoy

Christmasjoy Well-Known Member

WELCOME Alex !!! ... Joy. :)

8. aim

aim New Member

Some more images for no.9 :

U_09_2.PNG U_09_3.PNG U_09_4.PNG

For no.10

U_10_2.PNG U_10_3.PNG U_10_4.PNG
    I cannot upload super big/clear images. I will try to get some time and arrange a dropbox folder to access high-res images

Christmasjoy likes this.
  9. aim

aim New Member

Thnaks Christmasjoy!

Christmasjoy likes this.
  10. Silver Wolf

Silver Wolf Well-Known Member

i think no 9 and 10 is have some value,but no 7 and 8 just ordinary decoration,imho..but maybe you could upload more photos so we can check more accurately :rolleyes:

aim and Christmasjoy like this.
  11. Phaik Hooi

Phaik Hooi Well-Known Member

Silver Wolf, aim and Christmasjoy like this.
  12. aim

aim New Member

Phaik Hooi, interesting suggestion! Will look more into this direction.

Christmasjoy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted