Log in or Sign up
Antiques Board
Home
Forums
>
Antique Forums
>
Art
>
Japanese Woodblock Prints Mid Century ?
>
Reply to Thread
Message:
<p>[QUOTE="Lithographer, post: 1600910, member: 13308"]I have purchased 3 woodblock prints at thrift shops over the past few weeks. They appear to be mid century. The 2 with the ladies, I have seen the artist signature before but can't recall who it is. The one with the boat is not familiar to me. Unfortunately my reference book for signatures and publisher marks only covers pre 1900. I have looked at several hundred prints trying to figure out who they are by. Some extra sets of eyes would really help. Woodblock prints are my favorite. My parents lived in Japan in the 50's and our family lived there for 5 months in 1970. My folks brought home lots of prints when they were there.[ATTACH=full]232278[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]232281[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]232283[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]232284[/ATTACH][/QUOTE]</p><p><br /></p>
[QUOTE="Lithographer, post: 1600910, member: 13308"]I have purchased 3 woodblock prints at thrift shops over the past few weeks. They appear to be mid century. The 2 with the ladies, I have seen the artist signature before but can't recall who it is. The one with the boat is not familiar to me. Unfortunately my reference book for signatures and publisher marks only covers pre 1900. I have looked at several hundred prints trying to figure out who they are by. Some extra sets of eyes would really help. Woodblock prints are my favorite. My parents lived in Japan in the 50's and our family lived there for 5 months in 1970. My folks brought home lots of prints when they were there.[ATTACH=full]232278[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]232281[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]232283[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]232284[/ATTACH][/QUOTE]
Your name or email address:
Do you already have an account?
No, create an account now.
Yes, my password is:
Forgot your password?
Stay logged in
Antiques Board
Home
Forums
>
Antique Forums
>
Art
>
Japanese Woodblock Prints Mid Century ?
>
Home
Home
Quick Links
Search Forums
Recent Activity
Recent Posts
Forums
Forums
Quick Links
Search Forums
Recent Posts
Gallery
Gallery
Quick Links
Search Media
New Media
Members
Members
Quick Links
Notable Members
Registered Members
Current Visitors
Recent Activity
New Profile Posts
Menu
Search
Search titles only
Posted by Member:
Separate names with a comma.
Newer Than:
Search this thread only
Search this forum only
Display results as threads
Useful Searches
Recent Posts
More...