JEANRICHARD GENEVE 30 RUBIS

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Danay, Dec 9, 2017.

1. Danay

Danay New Member

Hello,
    I would like to know the value of this watch, It is a Jeanrichard Geneve 30 rubis.

Attached Files:

KingofThings and judy like this.
  2. aaroncab

aaroncab in veritate victoria

And the face?

Christmasjoy, bobsyouruncle and judy like this.
  3. Danay

Danay New Member

Excuse me, but I don't understand your question

4. aaroncab

aaroncab in veritate victoria

Can you post a picture of the face of the watch?

Christmasjoy, lloyd249 and judy like this.
  5. buyingtime777

buyingtime777 Well-Known Member

Minimal value. Someone has had that movement out and scratched the heck out of the plates too. I suspect someone might have used it as a practice watch after they watched one of those $9.99 DIY watch repair videos. It had no value before that though.

Christmasjoy and judy like this.
  6. afantiques

afantiques Well-Known Member

To elaborate a little on the previous answer,there was a period in the 1960s and 70s when some watch manufacturers went mad with the jewel count. A decent lever movement typically has 15 or 17 jewels, and an automatic often had 19, 21 or 23 jewels,, the extra jewels being for the rotor bearings. Really expensive top class watches might have 26 jewels, placing capstones on all pivots, but there was really no need for more.
    The public equated more jewels with a better watch so some makers introduced non functional jewels just to boost the jewel count. I have seen a 50 jewel watch with the rotor studded with useless jewels.
    The fad died out, jewel counts went back to normal and then about the same time along came electronic and quartz watches to make it all more or less irrelevant, although you will still find some jewelling on good quality quartz analogue movements.

The name and jewel count make this one of those wanna-be watches, which are basically routine examples.
    Depending on condition and design, the value would be similar to any random unknown maker watch of the period. Not nothing but not very much. Actual numbers would depend on where you are, the condition of the watch and where you sell it. These are all unknown to us.

7. Danay

Danay New Member

IMG_1849.JPG
    hello,do you know something about this watch exactly?

Attached Files:

8. buyingtime777

Afantiques gave a good explanation above about that watch. The picture of the movement shows that someone has had it out of it's case and likely damaged the movement also and I can't imagine that it is working. The screw holding it into the case is missing and the balance jewel looks damaged .

It was not a high quality watch and in it's current condition it has very little value.

Sorry I can't tell you better news.

afantiques and Christmasjoy like this.
  9. Danay

Danay New Member

thanks.

komokwa likes this.
  10. Danay

Danay New Member

Thank you very much for your extensive explanation, I really appreciate the time that was taken in it.

komokwa likes this.
  11. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

Welcome! :)
    If you post again please always do this for all your photos always.>
    -
    D58076B3-3E73-4996-8F07-500FBD4C09D5.jpeg

12. buyingtime777

Sorry we did not have better news for you on your first post. Welcome to the group though and someone here is always glad to help if possible!

KingofThings likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted