Featured Jewelies. I have a jewelry box full of costume.

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Bdigger, Dec 5, 2023.

1. Bdigger

Bdigger Well-Known Member

4F5CC49D-3910-4B37-B403-E123A2930E65.jpeg 2CF564DC-2632-49C6-AF85-D9BEF9EA292E.jpeg Hi Jewries. I have this old jewelry box full of costume jewelry that I was going to take to an antique shop to sell to a dealer. Some of course are missing stones etc…..but most seems intact . Any ideas of what I should ask for it?

Last edited: Dec 5, 2023
    stracci, Figtree3 and Any Jewelry like this.
  2. Bdigger

Her EC47DF74-6400-4BAF-8A42-F35B50D8A066.jpeg here are some of the nicer things that are in there.

3. Bdigger

4. bosko69

bosko69 Well-Known Member

Bdig-Nice pics,but did you perhaps double/triple post some of the images ?

5. Bdigger

yeah. I went back and corrected them

6. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

How many pieces in total?

pearlsnblume likes this.
  7. Roaring20s

Roaring20s Well-Known Member

mirana and Figtree3 like this.
  8. Bdigger

probably about 50 intact pieces. dozens more bits and bobs

Figtree3 and johnnycb09 like this.
  9. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Is the coral rosary coral or glass out to fool me? The cameo is pure costume. I doubt a pawn is going to pay much, if they want it at all. Around here they don't even want to see costume. Also, if you end up selling this on line and shipping, offer it without the box. Donate it. The box is just weight to most joolies. I got one similar this fall and put it right into the skip - it was smelly.

10. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

The antique store might take a quick look and just pull a few pieces out. In general the clip/screwback earrings aren't big sellers these days unless a precious metal or by a collected maker. I'm not seeing anything of huge value, but a few things caught my eye.

This 1940's "stretch heart bracelet" has some resale. You might double check if that is a small diamond chip in the front. I just sold one of these on Ebay for around $50, plain goldtone (no diamond). Does the heart open up like a locket?

box1p.jpg

Would be nice to have a better photo of this hat pin below, a photo viewed from the top. Also I see another hat pin there, anything good?

box2p.jpg

Here are a few things in the box, a bit hard to see what is what, maybe worth taking close up photos.

box3p.jpg

Last edited: Dec 5, 2023
    mirana and PepperAnna like this.
  11. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

The locket lower right looks like costume and may have a front panel missing. I think the glue let go.

12. Lizzie

Lizzie All you need is love ...and a dog.

I have really good luck with the sweetheart expansion bracelets as Lucille pointed out. Check the back inside for a signature. If it is an American Queen by Pittman, it will sell well on its own.

Draft saved Draft deleted