Joan Miro lithograph or print?

Discussion in 'Art' started by ForgetfulExplorer, May 17, 2022.

1. Hello! I have this Beautiful Joan Miro piece and I'm curious if it is just a print or a lithograph, can anyone tell?

Thank you!

miro3.jpg miro2.jpg

judy likes this.
  2. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

Last edited: May 17, 2022
    Figtree3, ForgetfulExplorer and judy like this.
  3. Mark London

Mark London Well-Known Member

I assume you meant reproduction since lithographs are prints. Yes, it is a reproduction with a printed signature.

4. Lithographer

Lithographer Well-Known Member

Miro a l’Encre I, 1972 by Joan Miro. Lithograph, signed in the plate on Wove Paper. Limited edition of 1,000 copies. Reference: Cramer 161. Mourlot 837 and 838.

This Work was finished printing on September 30, 1972, on Union printing presses for text. The color plates were printed by the Imprimerie Moderne du Lion, the offset reproductions of the original lithographs by Miro having been produced by the Perrot and Griset Photogravure Workshops. The Lithograph which appears in Frontispiece was printed by Jean Célestin on the presses of Mourlot, and that which is between pages 16 and 17, by René Le Moigne, of the printing company Arte, who also produced the Jacket specially designed for this work by Joan Miro.

5. Lithographer

Lithographer Well-Known Member

I found a couple versions, signed and not signed. Possibly different sizes too. The reference numbers, I think, are for a catalog raisonne. Might be able to find that in a library.

Draft saved Draft deleted