Jun Style Glaze Pottery Candlestick

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by kardinalisimo, Jan 10, 2015.

1. kardinalisimo

kardinalisimo Well-Known Member

Not signed.Recent studio piece?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. kardinalisimo

actually, do you think that this is a candle holder or it has some other use?

3. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

looks like a home made cigar ash tray with an extinguisher.

scoutshouse and gregsglass like this.
  4. kardinalisimo

There are no notches on the rim but still sounds like very possible to be an ashtray.

5. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Are there "lime scale" lines along the insides of the walls? I think I can see some in the first and second pics. If so, would indicate that someone used it as a planter or flower arranger (whether that was the maker's original intent is hard to say.)

Whatever it is, 'tis a very odd thing.

6. kardinalisimo

actually, there is some kind of residue on the inside walls. so, maybe it was holding water for whatever reason.

7. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Another possibility although remote - the base for one of those indoor water fountains.

8. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Maybe a brush rinser?

9. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

That was my first thought on seeing this. Is there a hole for water to pass from that inner tube thing to the main vessel?

10. kardinalisimo

I never noticed till you ask. Yes, there is a hole on the back side of the tube.

Draft saved Draft deleted