L. Young? another rather large painting

Discussion in 'Art' started by Virdendale, Jul 10, 2018.

1. Virdendale

Virdendale New Member

image-2018-07-10-20-05-17_1531271193250.jpg Here is another i know nothing about but its not the sofa painting Lolz It is signed L.Young

2. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

You're right, it's not a sofa painting, but I'm wondering whether it's a actually a painting at all, but rather a print.

i need help likes this.
  3. Virdendale

Virdendale New Member

It's not a print unless it was printed on canvas...

i need help likes this.
  4. Bakersgma

Really? I can't see any texture to the surface. Plus that would mean that the artist painted the semblance of a mat around the main image for that one lily to spill over - a treatment I have only seen on prints. Can you get a good close up of the surface to show the texture? Is the back visible or is it covered?

judy and i need help like this.
  5. Virdendale

Virdendale New Member

Visible I'll post pics of the back

judy, i need help and Christmasjoy like this.
  6. aaroncab

aaroncab in veritate victoria

Not saying this one is, but I've seen lots of prints on canvas. If not immediately evident to the eye, you'll need to look closely with a magnifying glass for signs of actual brushstrokes - and the absence of any print/dot pattern.

7. Virdendale

Virdendale New Member

8. Virdendale

Virdendale New Member

Is it a print? Curious I know nothing about them.

judy likes this.
  9. Bakersgma

It looks that way to me. All those white parallel lines, which are not brush strokes.

judy, CheersDears and aaroncab like this.
  10. Virdendale

Virdendale New Member

so its pretty much worth nothing?

judy likes this.
  11. Bakersgma

Certainly not "nothing" but it's value is purely decorative.

judy and aaroncab like this.
  12. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

This type of decorative painting is often seen in hotel rooms from the 80s. I think I see dots meaning this was a print on canvas.

judy and aaroncab like this.
  13. LFlores

LFlores New Member

No, I recently acquired a piece that I believe is done by the same artist from an auction house I believe to be quite credible. The piece included appraisal paperwork from a Fine Art Appraisal. I was able to secure the piece for a decent price because the previous owner was a smoker. Restoring it as we speak.

Hope you cherish your piece as well.
    -Luis

judy likes this.
  14. LFlores

LFlores New Member

I recently acquired a piece that I believe is done by the same artist from an auction house I believe to be quite credible. The piece included appraisal paperwork from a Fine Art Appraisal. I was able to secure the piece for a decent price because the previous owner was a smoker. Restoring it as we speak.

Hope you cherish your piece as well.
    -Luis

Draft saved Draft deleted