Lamp Restoration

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Ghopper1924, Oct 2, 2026 at 3:07 PM.

  1. Ghopper1924

    Ghopper1924 Well-Known Member

    I don't have a "before," but here's the "after." This is an 1880s Parker kerosene lamp, manufactured in Connecticut, USA. I've had a multi-month project restoring this, and although the photo is a bit dark, it represents hour after hour of hand polishing, cleaning, and installing an electric light source in this hanging oil lamp. Don't worry, with a twist of the socket I can re-install the oil burner, so no harm no foul.

    Anyway, this is the culmination of weeks of waiting interspersed with lots of elbow grease!

    1.jpeg
     
    ola402 and Bookahtoo like this.
  2. Bookahtoo

    Bookahtoo Moderator Moderator

    Wow! That's spectacular! Can you explain how you would have used it in. 1880?
     
Draft saved Draft deleted
Similar Threads: Lamp Restoration
Forum Title Date
Antique Discussion Nautical lamp Sep 12, 2026
Antique Discussion Pair Small Stained-Glass, Copper Foil Lamp Shades Sep 7, 2026
Antique Discussion Deco iron lamp Jul 5, 2026
Antique Discussion So many lamps Jun 27, 2026
Antique Discussion Western-themed lamp Mar 16, 2026

Share This Page