Lane Step Tables question

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by Jd4kcmo, Jun 13, 2019.

1. Jd4kcmo

Jd4kcmo New Member

Hello I have a question I can across these tables today and was thinking about upcycling them but I fell like there make be more value to them as original cleaned up. Anyone have any info about these and value any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. yourturntoloveit

yourturntoloveit Well-Known Member

Hmmm, I wonder if there is a list (or lists) anywhere on-line that you could use to look up the Style # 1167 and the Serial # 753140 for furniture by Lane in Altavista, Virginia.

Or perhaps you could call or write Lane and see if they can help you with your tables.

Christmasjoy and judy like this.
  3. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

JD, These may not be as old as you think they are.

This is something I posted a couple of years ago, but it might help with identifying your tables:

On this online site:
    http://www.causeafrockus.com/2013/10/mid-century-modern-furniture-lane/
    I found the following info about dating Lane furniture:
    • On the underside of the piece you should also find a serial number. This is very helpful as you can determine the production date by reading the serial number backwards.
      • For example, our end table has the serial number: 063270 so our table was made on 07/23/60

• Without a serial number, Lane cannot determine a date of production
    • Your piece may also contain an extra digit – this tells you the plant location
      https://www.antiquers.com/threads/antique-lane-furniture.17301/#post-237738

In the case of your tables, the serial number 753140 would indicate that they were made on April 13th, 1957.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
  4. yourturntoloveit

yourturntoloveit Well-Known Member

Thank goodness SBSVC showed up with the information Jd4kcmo needed. ;) :happy:

judy and Christmasjoy like this.
  5. Jd4kcmo

Jd4kcmo New Member

Thanks for the info but if you read it the way your example shows than 753140 would read April-/13-1957 or am I comparing it to you example the wrong way?

6. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

JD, you are so right! Sorry about that! (I went back & fixed it.)

7. NaptownFTW

NaptownFTW Active Member

Not sure exactly which line those are from, but the good (more valuable) Lane is done in teak, walnut and ash, Danish modern, brutalist, etc.
    I like the stretcher design, but blonde Lane does not sell well. There were two standard end tables on eBay from that same line, in better condition, that sold at $129. Search lane blonde furniture.

Matt

judy and Jd4kcmo like this.
  8. Jd4kcmo

Jd4kcmo New Member

Thank you that search suggestion just pointed me in the right way as to what I will do with these tables.

judy and yourturntoloveit like this.
  9. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

No harm in upcycling these.

Draft saved Draft deleted