Large Abstract Color Etching 1985

Discussion in 'Art' started by Lithographer, Mar 13, 2022.

1. Lithographer

Lithographer Well-Known Member

I was hoping to get some help with identifying the artist who made this etching. It was purchased at a thrift shop in Michigan, but was framed in Philadelphia. My gut feeling is that the artist is more likely to be from Philadelphia. The plate size is 24" by 28". The signature is horrible, I don't have a clue as to what it is. I tried searching on a bunch of combinations of the title and didn't have any luck. (Kalana, Katana, Kasana, Kasara and Kalara) IMG_1793.jpg IMG_1794.jpg IMG_1796.jpg IMG_1797.jpg IMG_1798.jpg IMG_1795.jpg IMG_1799.jpg

2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

I see something like "Richard Calhoun" and "Kalara" or "Kalasa."

Debora

3. Lithographer

I took it to auction and the research people there figured it out, New York artist, Robert Kelly. I think it should do well, I have my fingers crossed. I like the other examples of his work.

Figtree3 and moreotherstuff like this.
  4. Lithographer

@Debora
    Looks like Kalasa was right, part of a series apparently. I must have had my search parameters to specific.

Thanks!

Figtree3 likes this.
  5. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

6. Lithographer

Very similar. I wish I would have liked mine a little better, I probably would have kept it. I think the white layer kind of muddies up the rest of it. I saw several other pieces of his I really liked. When you are collecting on the secondary market, on a budget, you have to go with what you find.

7. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Very true.

Debora

Draft saved Draft deleted