Featured Large Bunny Rabbit Sterling Silver Pendant...Signed or Cataracts?

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by whatmamahad, Nov 12, 2017.

1. whatmamahad

whatmamahad Well-Known Member

Buenos Dias, Antiquers!
    This IS the largest Three Dimensional Sterling Silver Rabbit pendant I've seen...
    Except for the One that got away. Joking.
    There appears to be a signature on the side of the Hare's left rear leg but I can't decipher it.
    It's a signature or I need stronger glasses. The latter, most likely.
    On a serious note, I would appreciate any information, regarding this little fella.
    It measures 2 inches long, 1 inch tall and 3/4 inch wide. Weight: 17 grams.
    Thanks and Have a Great Day! 102E7880.JPG 102E8302.JPG 102E7880.JPG 102E8302.JPG 102E8299.JPG

2. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

It doesnt look like a siggie to me,but then again my eyes are shot too! Knee jerk reaction is Chinese,just because I ordered a bear charm once that was from China. :)

3. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

That's just part of the design, unless it's a dent. The only mark appears to be the .925.

KingofThings, kyratango, judy and 2 others like this.
  4. whatmamahad

Thanks, I NEEDED a laugh.
    This is probably not the right place to mention this but I have NO ONE, in Hawaii, to talk to. My sister, lost her fight against stage four lung cancer, a couple weeks ago. I can barely keep up with ebay and, at times, don't really care. Due to extenuating circumstances, I was not able to fly home to see her. I tried garage sales, local on-line selling groups, etc... Just could not make enough for air fare. Too late now.
    I do appreciate your advice. It's a squiggle that I want to be a signature. Thank You.

5. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Oh well. A lot of others are in the same boat. Antiques aren't the way to make a fortune, unless you hit one of those three buck Picassos in the local thrift. A lot of us are at least partially disabled and most of us won't see 50 again. Sorry to hear about your sister. I only have one myself, but fortunately she's only half an hour down the road.

6. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

I am so, so sorry. I know that this was a devastating loss for you, in every way. My thoughts are with you.
    -C-

7. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Im sorry for your loss. And Im sorry you werent able to go see her.As long as she knew you loved her,thats all that really matters.

8. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

I'm sorry for your loss !
    I'm sure she would forgive you......

9. judy

judy Well-Known Member

I, too am so sorry for your loss.

10. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

Sorry for your loss. I know when my brother passed away a few years ago I couldn't do anything except get through each day for awhile. Actually, having access to an online site like this can be therapeutic because you get to talk to folks who can distract you. Don't be a stranger

KingofThings and judy like this.
  11. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Sympathies to you in the loss of your sister. I can't imagine what you must be feeling, but... I'm sure that she felt your love from afar and knew that you love her. Please come back and feel free to post in some of the threads in the General Discussion section of this site, or start your own threads there. We talk about all sorts of things there, including losses of loved ones.

judy, KingofThings and SBSVC like this.
  12. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

I am sorry for your loss too.
    We have a nice bunch of folks here to talk and chat with.

judy and KingofThings like this.
  13. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

So sorry for your loss whatmamahad, my thoughts are with you.
    Please post away, it may help in a small way to ease your pain.

judy and KingofThings like this.
  14. PACKRAT

PACKRAT Well-Known Member

Very sorry for your loss and personal situation, it will take awhile. I am sure you have many memories, let them comfort you.

whatmamahad, judy and KingofThings like this.
  15. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

:( So very sorry. :(
    -
    Where are you in Hawaii?

judy likes this.
  16. Cardon

Cardon Active Member

I am sorry for your lose. I do not think you ever stop missing a loved one but it does get easier. We lost our youngest son in 2014 and I still have my moments but the good memories are always there. Just remember your fun times with her and she never will really be gone.

judy likes this.
  17. judy

judy Well-Known Member

Cardon ....so very sorry for your loss also.

18. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Yes, this is a good idea. So sorry for your loss.

Cardon, sorry for your loss as well. My sympathies.

19. Shangas

Shangas Underage Antiques Collector and Historian

If I put two of these things in a box, and leave them alone for a month, do I get twelve more?

whatmamahad and judy like this.
  20. whatmamahad

Hi evelyb30,
    Thank You for the kind words. I haven't been using the computer much lately and just now noticed your message.
    Picasso? Thrift shop? As Blanche would say, in her credible Southern accent, "Get outta heah." Finding a treasure, such as a Picasso, would be like winning the lottery.
    At this point, I'd settle for a Tenet lithograph.
    For some reason, a few days ago, I was thinking about America's Bicentennial celebration. I was in grade school, at the time, but remember the grand parades, firework displays and a sense of patriotism, unlike any I've felt since 1976. The Tri-Centennial? Though I don't believe I'll be around for that one, many of my younger family members will be. There's a point to this little story. Each of us should share our memories of the bicentennial celebration with our children and grandchildren.
    We Lived A Piece of American history. If we don't share it with the younger generation, it's a Loss for them and for the "old timers."
    Good Memories. I now have an urge to go hunting for 1976 memorabilia. Oi.

Figtree3 and judy like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted