Large Rhinestone Brooch Dog Tooth? Prongs Unsigned -Who Made Me?

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Tonettedogs, Jan 21, 2023.

1. Tonettedogs

Tonettedogs Active Member

Hi Everyone
    I'm trying to clear out some of my collection(HOARD) and came across this brooch. It's over 2 inches in size and seems to be well made. Are those center prongs called Dog Tooth prongs? Does the construction look to be any designer or is this just an unsigned beauty?
    Thank you.
    Toni

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 21, 2023
  2. Tonettedogs

I thought I uploaded photos. I'm having such a hard time uploading them.

3. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

I can't help but not to worry. Someone who can will be along soon.

Debora

Lucille.b likes this.
  4. Tonettedogs

Thank you Debora!

5. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

First, are you on computer or phone, and are your images UNDER 1 MB???

Try emailing them to yourself as "medium" size, they should then be under 1 MB!

Each image MUST be UNDER 1 MB....
    There are instructions on site here on how to reduce the size of your image, if that is the problem......you are allowed up to 10 images per post!!! Here are some links to the instructions:

If on the computer:
    https://www.antiquers.com/threads/posting-a-thread-and-uploading-pictures.15990/

If on an iPhone:
    https://www.antiquers.com/threads/resizing-photos-on-i-phone.35097/

And if on an Android phone:
    https://www.antiquers.com/threads/using-an-android-phone-for-pics-on-antiquers.41709/

As an added note, when you have your photos LISTED, BEFORE you hit POST,
    please click on the wording that says to "POST EVERY IMAGE FULL SIZE" !! That way, we're not clicking on little thumbnails, but get to see all of the images full sized!! Thanks!

AND if you're STILL having trouble, ASK AGAIN....we'll help you figure it out!!!

Any Jewelry, Debora and Lucille.b like this.
  6. Tonettedogs

I'm on my computer and when I try to upload photos I get an error code.

7. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

They're probably too big. I run a little piece of software called Irfanview that allows me to resize easily.

8. Tonettedogs

Thank you! I will look into that. I think you're right. The photos might be too big.

9. Tonettedogs

Thank you for that info Aquitaine. Will do!

10. Tonettedogs

11. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

It’s very Juliana’ish. Have you looked through isitjuliana.com?

Lucille.b likes this.
  12. evelyb30

The V-shaped harp and close large closed stones say more Austria than D&E, and the back looks too neat.

KSW and Lucille.b like this.
  13. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

This says unsigned Schreiner so worth asking on their FB page or Schreinery.com as they have loads of examples. Im never sure about the unsigned malarkey though.
    B181D7D3-7370-4381-A54A-EF06B555CD81.jpeg

Any Jewelry and Lucille.b like this.
  14. evelyb30

Same metal frame, but I never trust unsigned anything either. There's a whole Schreiner thread on the old eBay Jewelry Board Group and you might get lucky.

15. Tonettedogs

Thank you everyone. I’ll check the Schreiner board. I packed all my jewelry books away when we moved so I’m not able to access them.
    I’ve never heard of the Schreiner board! I’ll check that out too.

16. mirana

mirana Well-Known Member

I'm no help but I wanted to say it's a lovely brooch. :happy:

KSW and lovewrens like this.
  17. Tonettedogs

Thank you Mirana. I decided to go through all the jewelry that has accumulated or should I say that I have hoarded over the years and clear it out. I feel like it's my very own treasure hunt.

KSW, lovewrens and mirana like this.
  18. mirana

mirana Well-Known Member

Hah! You are now shopping your own collection and seeing old friends. I know the feeling. I try to remember that I had great fun collecting and enjoying them and now they will be a new find for someone else to have that thrill. It also means my collection becomes my very best, most loved treasures. I hope it's not too arduous!

KSW likes this.
  19. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Definitely a cut above on that brooch! I have to say my first thought was, "Wow almost looks like it could be Schreiner."

Worth figuring out, as would add a lot of value, the one KSW posted they are asking $1,200. Not sold at $1,200, but even if it was a fraction of that would be worth some time researching if it could be Schreiner.

As Evelyb30 said the Ebay Jewelry Boards do have some good Schreiner info, you could post there.

KSW and mirana like this.
  20. Tonettedogs

Yes it has been a treasure hunt for sure. I had forgotten most of what I had. Lots of work but fun too.

I never thought Schreiner. I did post on the jewelry board on Ebay but I don't think anyone responded. It's been so long since I posted there. I wonder if I'm in the right section.

KSW and mirana like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted