Large Wilton Armetale round platter w/ raised fruit design around rim.

Discussion in 'Metalware' started by bercrystal, Jul 2, 2017.

1. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

I have looked through Replacements & Googled this piece until I am cross eyed, but can't find the pattern name. The patterns I did find with fruit was different than this one & none that I found had the design in the center. It is 14 3/4" across.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Thanks for any & all advice or opinions!!!

2. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

I had a couple of sites bookmarked to check some pieces that I'd had before and I don't see this pattern at all. It's amazing.

yourturntoloveit likes this.
  3. bercrystal

Thanks Bev!! :happy::happy::happy:

It really is very nice, but this is so frustrating. :arghh::arghh::arghh:

janettekay likes this.
  4. janettekay

janettekay Well-Known Member

Very nice piece !!

5. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

Peggy, I don't usually "do" Armetale, but that's a very pretty piece!

I was thinking that it looks like a Home Goods/Marshalls/TJ Maxx type price sticker on the back. I wonder if the company made any pieces specifically for such discounters? (Maybe for the holidays?)

I don't know if they'd answer, but maybe you can contact the company direct(?) There's email info here:
    http://www.armetale.com/contact-us

janettekay likes this.
  6. bercrystal

Thanks Janette & Cheryl!!! :happy::happy::happy:

I purchased it for what was sitting on top of it. ;);) In fact I did not even realize it was Wilton until I was packing up my stuff at the end of the night. :rolleyes::rolleyes: I grinned & thought to myself how it was going to be pretty easy to find this pattern. :oops::oops::arghh::arghh:

I am going to send them a message. All they can do is tell me they don't give out that information. :p:p:p

janettekay likes this.
  7. janettekay

Yes..sticker looks familiar.....and I once did get a very nice piece of Court at Marshalls....so possible it was just one of those patterns they just passed on to discounters....but...WDIK..:confused:

8. bercrystal

There is nothing on the sticker that would indicate the store it came from originally. Most of the discount places we have around here have the name of the store on the tag. There was a discount store that went out of business around the late 1990's that had these type of stickers.

I have sent a message to Wilton & I will let you know if I hear anything from them.

9. bercrystal

I just heard back from the company. Wilton was bought out by another company & since this piece is no longer in the current line there is no way for them to know the pattern name. :(:(:(

Like I said before, I bought the lot for something else & paid very little for the lot. Hopefully someone will find it as a BIN listing on ebay. :rolleyes::rolleyes::p

janettekay and SBSVC like this.
  10. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Do people want this stuff? I pass it by all the time, thinking it has little value.

11. bercrystal

Like most things it depends on the pattern, the type of piece & the condition of course. I think it sells more in the warmer weather because people use it by their pools. It holds up better than paper products or maybe they use it in conjunction with paper to give it a little more support.

I have sold some of the dinner plates for a pretty good price in the past.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...plete=1&LH_Sold=1&_nkw=wilton+armetale&_sop=3

verybrad likes this.
  12. janettekay

Well at least they did get back to you...;) With some companies...not the norm..

13. In For the old guy

In For the old guy Active Member

Bercrystal, I happen to believe you have a beautiful plate there. I would have grabbed it. BUT I do have a question.
    Your eBay list of solds doesn't seem to end. I kept scrolling (very quickly) and quit before I passed paqe 30.
    The first batch was amazing - into the hundreds, mostly group sales - but as I progressed the prices kept dropping until every sale was under $10.
    Please give me a hint as to why/where/how come.

14. bercrystal

That is not my sold listings, although I would have loved it to be mine. :D:D:D My sold listings for the last 60 days wouldn't have taken you more than 60 seconds to peruse. :(:(:(:arghh::arghh::arghh:

I just did a search on ebay for Wilton Armetale & then went from highest to lowest. :happy::happy::happy:

15. In For the old guy

In For the old guy Active Member

If I had thought that list was YOUR solds I would not have even considered trying to contact you, thinking you were WAY too busy. :rolleyes:

Funny, though. Out on errands and stopped at my favorite thrift shop - one that carries only quality stock and often has sales. I picked up two crystal cut glass vases. One 4 1/2 lbs, 10 inches high and one 6 1/2 lbs, 14 inches. The latter said "chip" which took me 5 minutes to find on the side of a small tooth. When I went to pay, found that the pink stickers meant half price. So I paid $8 for the smaller and $5 for the larger.

During my browsing I checked some metal pieces and found a decent looking serving plate with Minton stamped on the bottom. About 5% of the attractiveness of yours so passed it.

But my question was why the huge difference in values on those eBay pieces? With over 1,000 sold.

16. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

It looks to me that most of the listings that sold for a decent price were for multiple piece sets.

17. bercrystal

I finally found another one like mine that had sold several months ago. According to what I could find on-line Wilton use to issue what they called Corporate Archive pieces. These were sometimes OOK & sometimes done in a very limited run.

Supposedly this is one of their Corporate Archive pieces. Now that Wilton is no longer a family business I wonder if the older pieces will increase in value?