Lavender Depression Glass Pitcher With Stopper

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by AntiqueHobbit, May 16, 2019.

1. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

that faceted style stopper was also typical of many EAPG cruets; tho' Tarentum also had a stopper patterned to match the bottle motifs. There are those who like the sun purple effect; tho' serious EAPG collectors consider it to be damaged.

i need help likes this.
  2. AntiqueHobbit

AntiqueHobbit Active Member

Ah, gotcha thanks for the heads up. That’s too bad cause it’s a cool piece.

3. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

This might help with loading pictures.
    If you are using your phone - email them to yourself as medium. Save them then post.
    https://www.antiquers.com/threads/making-a-post-and-uploading-pictures.16038/

As mentioned many people like the purple glass, someone used a UV light to darken it. The sun wouldn't have turned it that dark.

Also I agree with TallCakes, EAPG collectors consider it damaged. It will sell to a decorator for the color.

i need help likes this.
  4. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

There's a guy who goes to all the same auctions and sales that I do and part of his business is buying cheap old clear glass to turn purple. He takes it to Florida and sells it there where, apparently, it's very popular. At least the Floridians don't have to worry about placing their glass in a sunny window.

Draft saved Draft deleted