Featured Leather jacket

Discussion in 'Textiles, Needle Arts, Clothing' started by samuelcaulfield1, Jun 6, 2019.

1. charlie cheswick

charlie cheswick Well-Known Member

2. charlie cheswick

3. charlie cheswick

Christmasjoy, Any Jewelry and Jivvy like this.
  4. charlie cheswick

Given the amount of variables with the label, on style alone I think deb is right, I mean who would want to recreate the 80s style right !

8a954dab155a99d0249ab0ca85a0af47.jpg

5. reader

reader Well-Known Member

You’re comparing apples and oranges with those labels. The OP’s jacket is a licensed (definitely as frighteningly 80s as could possibly exist) piece as already identified. The Rive Gauche label is Saint Laurent’s vintage made in France boutique label. I worked at Rive Gauche in the 70s. Still have a few prized pieces.

6. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Late to the party (or nightmare for Jivvy), but I think the snap covers are on the side that would indicate a woman's jacket. Also, I know the '80s were the age of glam, etc., but ... it seems the accent color (pinkish magenta?) would not have been something most men would have wanted to wear in that era.

Draft saved Draft deleted