Featured Led Zepplin fans here? Got a unusual LP today - with a Zenith 'Circle of Sound' stereo system!

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by journeymagazine, Aug 11, 2020.

1. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

i found a Zenith 'Circle of Sound' stereo system on FB marketplace today for $220 (they had listed it for $190 but when I called they said they had an offer of $200 & the person was picking it up after work - so I offered $220 and said I would come now; 'a bird in the hand..') - when I picked it up I asked if they had any albums they wanted to sell & I ended up buying 2 Led Zepplin, 1 Rolling Stones & 1 weather report albums for $40.
    But it was this album that interested me because i haven't seen it before. And when I checked discogs it was listed - but checking the market for it's value it said this album is banned/blocked from discogs? Is this a bootleg?? It has the Swan Song label (Germany)?
    PS - It has a cool blue with white smoke(?) design record - a special edition?
    Thanks for any info.

ALBUM 45 RECORD A GROUP A LED ZEPPLIM LIVE AT THE FILMORE 1AA.JPG ALBUM 45 RECORD A GROUP A LED ZEPPLIM LIVE AT THE FILMORE 2AA.JPG ALBUM 45 RECORD A GROUP A LED ZEPPLIM LIVE AT THE FILMORE 3AA.JPG ALBUM 45 RECORD A GROUP A LED ZEPPLIM LIVE AT THE FILMORE 4AA.JPG

My new Zenith Circle of Sound stereo system - even has the original cart with spaces w/3 holes for the speakers 3 legs!
    NOTEL Last photo is of a vintage battery operated Zenith am/fm radio I already had that I'll probably sell with the stereo - it sure looks like it's part of the circle of sound family!!

music STEREO ZENITH CIRCLE OF SOUND 1AAZ.jpg music STEREO ZENITH CIRCLE OF SOUND 2AAZ.jpg music STEREO ZENITH CIRCLE OF SOUND 3AAZ.jpg a_zzzz.JPG

2. journeymagazine

Look at 4th photo of the writing on the bottom of back of album; released under special license?

Bronwen likes this.
  3. rink28

rink28 Well-Known Member

You know you can buy 2 for 300 on ebay?
    Screenshot_20200811-164819_eBay.jpg

4. rink28

rink28 Well-Known Member

5. sabre123

sabre123 Well-Known Member

"Exclusive" license. I would think that means, only one company had the rights to market and sell...at least at that time.

cxgirl, charlie cheswick and komokwa like this.
  6. sabre123

sabre123 Well-Known Member

I saw them at the Richfield Colosseum in Ohio USA in April of 77. It was an amazing show.

7. journeymagazine

Thanks rink - but why show those? Trying to knock my find? Again?
    How much is shipping? The ones I saw that sold had a shipping charge of $169 - I'll sell it locally on South Beach or the design district for $400 at least (I won't lose money with what I paid that's for sure). - Any answer for Led Zeppelin album question I asked about?

cxgirl likes this.
  8. journeymagazine

Think it could be a bootleg? Can't think of anything else as to why Discogs would block selling it on their site?!

9. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

10. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

It does say unauthorized release on the Discogs site.

11. blooey

blooey Well-Known Member

It's off the sound board, so somebody ran a tape deck during the performance and either sold the tape or had an LP pressed. It's an unofficial/unlicensed recording that Led Zeppelin have no control over or make royalties from.

The Grateful Dead have lots of sound board recordings but the Dead give them away for free and encourage bootlegging them! :cool:

sabre123, aaroncab and i need help like this.
  12. journeymagazine

$80 & $89 ! Guess I'm going to see if eBay will let them ride!
    Thank you I need help!

i need help likes this.
  13. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

It would be considered a "bootleg" in the United States. That said, I would not hesitate to advertise it and sell it in a short auction format. By the time it is reported and vero'd (if they still do that?) - you will most likely be shipping it to a collector for big bucks in another country.

i need help likes this.
  14. J Dagger

J Dagger Well-Known Member

What’s vero’d?

cool album and neat system!

15. rink28

rink28 Well-Known Member

Knock your find? I posted those cause since your intentions are usually to resell i was showing what others are asking to get a price range. I also found one that was at buy it now for 35.00 but won't bother posting that. Also I said "do you know" meaning since you didn't look them up before you bought them so you wouldn't lose money. Oh well, if you can get 400 for them great! Again?? Not sure where I bash your items on the past but if you take it that way i won't bother. Goodluck.

sabre123 and komokwa like this.
  16. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

vero....verification folks....
    if t don't pass vero...ebay takes it down......... is that correct ?

sabre123 likes this.
  17. Ghopper1924

Ghopper1924 Well-Known Member

A bootleg that gets its title from the official Zep release "How the West Was Won," which I believe came out in 2003. So your album is later than that, almost certainly within the past 5 years or so, given the colored vinyl.

sabre123 likes this.
  18. journeymagazine

Maybe I'm too thin skinned rink28, but it seems to me any time you comment on something of mine it's a negative; if I'm wrong I sincerely apologize - it's obvious I need all the help I can get!

Draft saved Draft deleted