Featured lesson learned

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Chris Mount, Oct 9, 2017.

1. Chris Mount

Chris Mount Getting there

picked this up because it looked really nice and good quality in my opinion. checked mark and believe it to be an italian company no longer in business from Italy who made quality repos of older items. just goes to show that all is not at is seems 15075381953210.jpg 15075381953691.jpg 15075381953962.jpg 15075382169513.jpg

2. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Chinese, not Italian - just going back to their history! ;)

3. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    Chinese and new. Agree with Ownedbybear.
    greg

4. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Yes, new Chinese in the old European Chinoiserie style. A stylistic ping pong, Chinese copying Europeans who copied Chinese.
    Lovely dish though, and stunning blue.

judy, Alex18, Aquitaine and 2 others like this.
  5. Mill Cove Treasures

Mill Cove Treasures Well-Known Member

There was a thread on the ebay pottery board a few years ago about this mark. A few weeks later, I saw a complete Victorian wash set in the same pattern as your piece but, I recognized the mark from that ebay post. It is a nice quality for a knock off. The mark has some variations as seen here.

https://www.realorrepro.com/article/More-confusing-marks-on-new-Flow-Blue

judy, Any Jewelry and SBSVC like this.
  6. Chris Mount

Chris Mount Getting there

thanks mill interesting was only 15 dollars the reason I bought was the quality but anyway know for next time chris

judy likes this.
  7. Mill Cove Treasures

Mill Cove Treasures Well-Known Member

If I had not read the post about the mark, I would have purchased the set that I saw. Still, it is a beautiful piece. I'm think someone would be interested in it for decorative value so not a complete waste.

judy and Any Jewelry like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted