Featured Let's start the new year with some sterling!

Discussion in 'Silver' started by MrNate, Jan 5, 2019.

1. MrNate

MrNate Well-Known Member

Greetings all!

I've continued the hunt to collect all the silver in the world, I do feel like my finds come in waves. Well today was a great wave. In total I found two weighted candle holders, one bon bon dish, and one large and heavy sterling dish made by web. The bowl is 348 grams, total for everything was $17. Here's the photos:

IMG_0276.JPG IMG_0275.JPG IMG_0274.JPG IMG_0278.JPG IMG_0277.JPG

2. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

Nice finds, Nate!

I have to ask: what are you doing with all your silver? Displaying it? Stashing it away for the days to come?

I have so, so much of it myself, all ID'd... SOME is on display, but most of it is simply squirreled away for now, wrapped & packed in bins. I'm not sure WHAT I'll be doing with it, down the road.

Figtree3, MrNate, cxgirl and 3 others like this.
  3. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

I know people who are "stacking" silver in case of hyperinflation like what's been going on in Venezuela and what happened in Zimbabwe. The currency in both became pretty well worthless. It probably can't happen in countries with strong constitutions, but these days who knows.

Figtree3, MrNate, judy and 2 others like this.
  4. aaroncab

aaroncab in veritate victoria

I see so many plated Paul Revere repro bowls out there I've basically stopped looking at them... nice find!

5. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

I keep looking. Not finding, but looking.

MrNate, judy, Christmasjoy and 2 others like this.
  6. MrNate

MrNate Well-Known Member

SBSVC! Thank you for the congratulations! To answer your question, here’s what I’m doing with my silver:

If it’s silver weighted, I’ve scrapped it and sold it online for spot. Everything else that isn’t weighted I still have except for a few items I’ve sold. I’m in the same boat as you are, I’m not quite sure what to do with it all in the long run. In the short run, I enjoy looking at all the items as it has grown into a nice collection.

judy, Christmasjoy, kyratango and 2 others like this.
  7. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

I know what that's like, Nate - THAT'S why I have a certain amount of it on display.

The problem comes when I remove something from a bin & unwrap it... I'll say to myself, "Oooo - I've always liked that piece!" and then I'll go around the house, trying to find a good spot to put it. Sadly, that rarely works, as I've downsized so much since I started collecting it that I truly have no place to display more.

I guess it's safer just to leave it all in the bins for now!

Congrats again on your finds - and keep looking!

MrNate, janettekay, judy and 2 others like this.
  8. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

MrNate, Congrats on your finds!!! A good stash can be wonderful to have!!!!!

9. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

funny how silver is....
    nice find mrn8..

10. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

Happy New Year to you Mr. Nate, your haul is a great start for 2019:)

MrNate, judy and komokwa like this.
  11. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Nice haul, @MrNate -- May your hunting expeditions continue well in 2019!

Draft saved Draft deleted