Life magazine on Downton Abbey

Discussion in 'Give Aways' started by bercrystal, Aug 17, 2022.

1. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

I picked up this magazine this past April & have let the only person I know that is into Downton Abbey get a chance to read it. I thought I would offer it up to the members here on the forum rather than pitching it into the recycle bin. :p:rolleyes:

You must have been an active member of the forum for at least 6 months to participate. I will cover Media Mail shipping here in the US. If someone internationally wants to throw their name in the hat we will figure it out. :happy::happy:

I'll draw names (if there is more than 1 person) next Wednesday evening. If there is more than 1 person maybe they can send it on to one of the runner-up members but that will be up to them. :kiss::kiss:

[​IMG]

KSW, Figtree3 and moreotherstuff like this.
  2. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Me me me!! I'm currently rewatching it all!

3. Taupou

Taupou Well-Known Member

Please include my name!

KSW, Figtree3 and bercrystal like this.
  4. bercrystal

Got you on the list @Bakersgma & @Taupou. :happy::happy: :kiss:

I guess I'll be doing a drawing next Wednesday. :smug::smug:

I am totally bummed that I never got to see the second movie. :(:(:(:grumpy:

I have no idea if it is available on some streaming service or not. :confused::confused:

KSW likes this.
  5. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

According to Google, the 2022 Downton Abbey movie is available on several streaming platforms, either for a fee or through a general subscription.

Peacock (comes with subscription)

All the others are for an extra fee of $5.99, even if a subscriber:
    YouTube
    Google Play Movies & TV
    Apple TV
    Vudu
    Amazon Prime Video

KSW and bercrystal like this.
  6. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Thanks for offering the give away! I am not in, but am glad you are offering instead of throwing it away.

7. Taupou

Taupou Well-Known Member

I was a little unsure about the second movie, since I was disappointed by the first, feeling it didn't compare or live up to the TV shows. But I thought the second movie was great! (A bit of a tear-jerker, though.)

I saw it in a theater, and at the end, the audience broke into applause!

8. Bakersgma

I missed the recent one when it was playing in the local theater. The show times didn't work with my medical appointments. I don't have Peacock access right now, although I am planning to sign up soon. (Days of Our Lives, which I have been addicted to since it started, is moving from regular NBC to Peacock in September. :()

KSW, Figtree3 and bercrystal like this.
  9. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

I am not in, but it is nice to see another boardie who watched the good ole soap opera tv shows like me.

I had forgotten that RIP Ann Heche (sp) was on a soap of mine so many moons ago. She played twins (both parts).

10. bercrystal

@Figtree3 - Thanks for the information!! :happy::happy: :kiss:

The only one I have is Netflix so I will have to check out the others.

I saw a piece recently that said many people are signing up for streaming services for a month or two to watch whatever they want, canceling that one & moving on to another. :rolleyes: :hilarious:

KSW, Figtree3 and pearlsnblume like this.
  11. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

I'm not signed up for any at all. Not in for the magazine either; I've never seen the show.

12. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

My friend is signed up for one I think but share many others with her family so the cost is not as huge. I don't understand how so many can have multiple streaming services due to their expense.... BWDIK

13. bercrystal

I am sorry I totally forgot about doing this drawing last night. :rolleyes::rolleyes: :oops::oops: :bag: :sorry::sorry:

I was running around all day & then never signed into Antiquers at all yesterday.

Anyway, congrats to @Bakersgma!! :happy::happy: :kiss:

I'll get it in the mail to you tomorrow as I already have all of your info. ;):happy::happy:
    upload_2022-8-25_13-49-33.png

14. Bakersgma

Yippee! Thanks, Peggy!

bercrystal and komokwa like this.
  15. bercrystal

I have sent you a PM with the tracking info. I never left the house today but I'll make sure it goes out tomorrow. :happy::happy::happy: :kiss::kiss:

Draft saved Draft deleted