Light blue ribbed oval creamer

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by rknarr2, Aug 16, 2019.

1. rknarr2

rknarr2 Well-Known Member

I found this light blue ribbed creamer and I can not find this in my search. I hoped someone could help me with the company and pattern? The dimensions are 3 1/2" x 2 3/4" for the top oval diameters at midsections x 2" x 1 3/4" for the bottom oval diameters at midsections x 3 1/2" height. Thank you for your assistance in this request. Rob
    IMG_2464small.JPG IMG_2466small.JPG IMG_2467small.JPG

Jivvy likes this.
  2. Cherryhill

Cherryhill Well-Known Member

The original of your creamer was made by Hobbs, Glass Co., Wheeling WV, ca 1889, it is their No. 326 Swirl. I'm not sure but what yous wasn't made by Fenton, sometime in the middle of the 20th century. I've not seen any other pieces by Hobbs in that color.

pearlsnblume, TallCakes, judy and 2 others like this.
  3. rknarr2

Thank you for the information. Interestingly, I live probably 2 to 2 1/2 hours from Wheeling, WV. Rob

4. Cherryhill

Cherryhill Well-Known Member

I'm 2 3/4 hrs due west. made the run to Oglebay and the Hobbs factory site many many times.

5. rknarr2

Awesome. When my mom was collecting glass in particularly Indiana sandwich glass because it has the name of the state where she was born and raised, I think my step dad, mom and I went to Fenton glass company nearest Parkersburg, WV. At that time, we lived about 2 hours away from Parkersburg, WV but decided to go see I think it was Fenton glass.
    Currently, I was really surprised when we opened up the first few boxes of glass ware and neither she nor I could remember even Indiana sandwich glass pattern because of how long ago it had been since collecting it. Every time I open up a box and unwrap newspapers from a piece of glass ware, she says basically the same thing I don't remember that. It is like unwrapping Christmas packages each day. Haha. Rob

Last edited: Aug 19, 2019
    pearlsnblume likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted