Limoges mark ID

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by J Dagger, Oct 25, 2022.

1. J Dagger

J Dagger Well-Known Member

Anyone know the mark in the wreath type leaves? 26247E9D-388C-403F-8011-DADB02E2FA76.jpeg

KikoBlueEyes and komokwa like this.
  2. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Almost looks like a moss or seaweed.......Contrasted on the left & inverted on the Right, but don't think it helps much!! And where the red arrow is it sort of looks like a tiny eagle, but that's just probably coincidence!

notthr MARK_2_00x.jpg

Last edited: Oct 25, 2022
    J Dagger likes this.
  3. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

Something "S" I think. Looks like 2 italic initials.

J Dagger likes this.
  4. J Dagger

That’s what I was thinking initially as well.

5. J Dagger

Thanks for the image help! It definitely does look like moss or seaweed like on the left. I assume it just coincidentally broke down that way over time. Even with your generous help it’s too far gone for me to make out the letter(s) or symbols. I’m thinking it will take someone that’s seen it before or runs into it in some place I didn’t see.

Aquitaine likes this.
  6. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

I search JS Limoges, but the mark is not the same.

J Dagger likes this.
  7. KikoBlueEyes

8. J Dagger

KikoBlueEyes likes this.
  9. KikoBlueEyes

Oops. I didn’t know that.

10. Neece

Neece Active Member

11. J Dagger

I didn’t either until I recently acquired a ton of Limoges and started seeing it repeated on them and in reference material. :)

Last edited: Oct 26, 2022
    KikoBlueEyes likes this.
  12. J Dagger

Thanks for the links/photos. It may just be artists initials in which case it wouldn’t be super helpful probably. If it’s a company mark that could be more helpful. Since it’s probably not one of the more known makers it would probably not make a big price difference but I just like to know. Most times I decline to do my due research diligence I feel like things sell as soon as I put them up and I have sellers remorse. It may just be that I price them at a good price for the market and that’s why they sell quick rather than trying to get every penny via an often slow sale after adequate research. Who knows

Neece and KikoBlueEyes like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted