Little bronze or brass seahorse, help please

Discussion in 'Metalware' started by tyeldom3, Jan 25, 2016.

1. tyeldom3

tyeldom3 Well-Known Member

Thanks Bev, that's sweet of you :kiss:

2. anundverkaufen

anundverkaufen Bird Feeder

3. tyeldom3

WOW! Thanks Anundverkaufen for showing that, I will surely be paying more attention to those little brass things from now on, thank you thank you!!:)
    But , I have a question. In that listing, the seller does not show any marks or mention any marks, so how would one know if it is SRG? How did the bidders know it was something good? I just don't understand.:confused:

anundverkaufen likes this.
  4. anundverkaufen

anundverkaufen Bird Feeder

I'm pretty sure they are limited to mesozoic creatures and as for identifying them being unmarked, after seeing a few they become in-mistakable.

trip98 and tyeldom3 like this.
  5. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

@tyeldom3 - I know I am resurrecting a very old thread but I did not see it back in 2016. :happy::happy:

I thought I would post on the thread more for educational purposes than anything.

I first learned about Sell Rite Gifts or SRG figures back around 2004 when I bought a box lot of stuff at the auction & there were multiple dinosaurs that were not marked. After much research, I finally found them & did quite well with them.

Over the years I have found several more pieces & in fact, I found this thread when I was researching the seahorse (2 1/8" tall) & pig (2" long) figures I have right now. :happy:

Your piece was not an SRG piece. Here are the pieces I have right now.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

These pieces were sold in museum gift shops back in 1950's / 1960's & I think they may have come in multiple sizes.

I have also had a "giant ape" AKA King Kong & a horse figure about 3 years ago & at that time found an inventory sheet online put out by SRG. Unfortunately, I was not smart enough to save it or print it out & of course, I can not find it anymore. :arghh::grumpy:

Here is a photo of the ape that I sold for close to $42 back in 2018. He was 2" tall. :D:D

[​IMG]

Here are some of the recently sold listings on eBay & as you can see they all have the same type of finish that is pretty recognizable. They cover the gamut from dinosaurs to all manner of animals & beyond. :happy:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/1335/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=srg+&LH_TitleDesc=0&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1

Hopefully, this will help someone somewhere along the way. :happy::happy:

6. tyeldom3

Wow, great information bercrystal! Thanks for this!

bercrystal and LauraGarnet02 like this.
  7. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

You are very welcome!!! :happy::happy::kiss: